theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: ***theBRB Changes*** v2.0  (Read 12632 times)
Blank avatar

Darth_Brad

« on: July 16, 2005, 01:38:31 PM »

PLEASE NOTE:
We are going to give this thread another chance.  However it is time to move on and stop bringing up your grievances here.  Both parties along with the rest of the staff are working things out, as all involved have stated, so there is no reason for this to continue until there are some developments.

As Daniel has said, it is time to take this to private discussion.  If you have anymore complaints please contact us and we will work with you.  But this open rant isnít helping anyone right now.

A lot of exciting things are in the works so there should be plenty of constructive uses for this thread.  But the flaming needs to stopÖyou have had your say so please just give us a chance to work this out.  If things start going south again I will have to lock the thread, so letís try and keep it on topic and civil.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As you all know we are in the process of reworking the forum and even adding a site.  Several forum changes have already been made but nothing is set in stone yet.  Please feel free to discuss the new look and give us suggestions for how to better things.  

At the moment we plan on having the site up by the end of the month.  We want to keep much of our plans a secret so that all will be surprised on the day it is unveiled, but don't let that stop you from telling us what you would like to see.

Our goal is to make these moves pleasing to everyone so use this thread to post any comments, suggestions, question, and concerns that you may have.  That is the only way we can do this right.  

Once again, the personal issues are under control so lets concentrate on the technical aspect of things until we have more information for you.  Thanks for understanding and we look forward to hearing from everyone as we proceed.

-Brad      

Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 02:52:58 PM »

1.)  Forum Removal/Mixing.

Well, the move to four forums has had a mixed vote.  Very mixed.  In other words, the concept has been liked, but perhaps the choices could be changed.  I liked having a concentrated Release and Discussion thread.

Discuss.

2.)  The lack of custom titles bothered Yodaman, but everybody else seemed to think it was fine.  Are there any othes who didn't like this?

Discuss.

3.)  Would the staff consider a way for a member of the month poll to be set up?  That would rock.  Just a thought from me.

Discuss.

4.)  The banner being centered is cool, but no background, well, what about a black background for the banner?  Is that doable?  I think that would hilight the contrast between the red and white realy well, but I'd have to put it into photoshop to know for sure.  Smiley

Discuss.

5.)  Discuss.

Wink

And guys, in this thread, can we members PLEASE act like adults?  The admins said they will.  Lets do the same, please.  This isn't focused at anybody, but just for general reference.

Have fun!

P.S.  Discuss.  Wink

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 02:58:06 PM »

I don't llike the idea of a member of the month.  It would likely end up just being a popularity contest, and could end up causing divisions or hurt feelings.  At best, it would just be a rotating honor that everyone gets, and what's the point of that?  I don't see any upside, just a lot of potential downside.

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 03:02:46 PM »

True.  Hadn't thought about that.  If humans had no flaws, it would work. :-\

Oh well.

So let's scratch that idea.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 03:59:23 PM »

Member of the month is kinda silly. Its not a bad idea, but it would cause people to be upset who don't win.

About the banner, this is part of what we are working on. There's nothing we can do about it right now due to designs for the rest of the site. Give it time and you will understand.

FCRabbath has made us a new banner and this will be going up soon.

The addition of a Release and Discussion forum has been discussed and is not a bad idea. The question is if it is worth it. Would there be enough traffic to justify a new forum? Even TFN includes this with filmmaking...
Also, wait on this for a while.... we'll figure this out in a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions Smiley
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 04:02:13 PM »

I would suggest bringing back a Gaming forum, just because I could rock that place.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 04:07:01 PM »

Well, one thing I don't like about TF.N, is that Release threads get pushed down by people saying, "What does rotoscoping mean?".  That's why I reeeeeally liked the Release and Discussion.

Funk, As for the Gaming Forum, don't we already have one of those?

Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 04:15:52 PM »

Good points, John. I like a release forum too. Lets see how that turns out in a bit. Its certainly not a problem to wait a bit and figure it out.

Gaming forum was a bad idea because of our user base. John, funk is talking about the ooooooooold forum to do with video games and gaming, not forum games.

The forum had too few posts to keep and we didn't have enough users interested in it.

Also, having a forum about games seems distracting from the overall purpose of the site.... filmmaking. Filmmaking is complimented by the social area, but having another subject all together doesn't seem like it would quite fit.

Basically, you are welcome to talk about games in this forum (social).
Also, there won't be a new forum simply because there isn't enough support, I don't think. I everyone wants one, then fine.... but 'til then just use this forum.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 04:45:19 PM »

There are big red buttons in video games.  Cheesy
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 04:53:40 PM »

Lol. Very true.

I'll stay out of this one, though, as I never really did much gaming.

WHich is sad.  
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 05:09:02 PM »

Nice try Funk.  Wink

Name a game though, I'm curious.

Ok, so we've resolved the issue with the banner background (I think), and possibly the issue with the forum count.  This still needs to be discussed, as it highly irritated a few people.

And of course, I think we settled the issue with the custom titles.  Anybody wanna recap that one?

We covered the obviously bad reasons for having a member of the month.  That was stupid.  Forgive me.... Sad

Cheesy

The groups is a good idea, and I liked the name 'Groups' better than 'In Production' because while it refers mostly to production, what it Funk-E wanted to have a 'Fantabulor Free Gaming Group', he couldn't do it in the "In Production" Forum.

Of course, maybe that was the goal.  I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 05:11:16 PM by JohnMoore » Logged

Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 05:17:27 PM »

That's great.  So...everything is dealt with?   What's the background color going to be behind the banner?-Black?   Any color would be fine.  What was wrong with white.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005, 05:30:21 PM »

White doesn't feel balanced.   Just something I like, is balance.  The red on top was somewhat balanced, but didn't fit with most designs.  White fits with the banners more, but isn't balanced.

Black would both be balanced, and work with most of the banners.  See the idear?

Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 06:08:11 PM »

The other designs use white and pretty much must use white. So... yeah. We'll see what happens and work it out soon. Smiley

In Production seems better for the site than groups as it will draw users who want to watch movies be made.

No problem on user of the month... might even work.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 06:10:53 PM »

Maybe.  But then again, that's what the "Filmmaking" forum is for.

Also, the member of the month wouldn't work very well unless it was hidden.

Only admin knew who the people voted for.  That way, the admin would know who the people resepct and love.

It would cause people to vote freely, people to strive to be better members, and the admins see what was going on.

Smiley

That was actually more my original idea.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: