theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Come play computer games with Funk!  (Read 3105 times)
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« on: July 13, 2005, 07:08:10 PM »

Okay.  So.  Here's the deal:

I'm gonna post a website every month that leads to a free (emphasis on free) game that you can download and play.  Most of these will be online games.  Today's game is this:

Gunz: The Duel [/b]  

This game is a little like what would happen if anime and certain action movies happened to be a third-person shooter.  It's a lot of fun, and a few other folks from TFN and NP2K play it.  We usually have private games every other night or so on server 4, free channel 2.  Give it a try!

Get it here!

Be sure and get the International Edition.
Blank avatar

JBK

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 07:10:42 PM »

I tried this game while I was on vacation, and I came to the conclusion that I dislike it. The objective is just to kill everyone. I hate games like that.

Just needed to share my anti-Gunz feeling.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 07:15:57 PM »

Well, hey.  There's always next month.

But really, if you're playing a shooter online, what didja think the point was?
Blank avatar

JBK

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 07:24:26 PM »

Well, for instance I think Enemy Territory is tons better. Your character evolves during the game according to his category, there are objectives to complete, and there's a much more interesting array of weapons than just guns and blades.

Suggestion for next month.  :misch:  
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 07:46:40 PM »

That's on the list.
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 08:09:59 PM »

I tried, but it told me "Too many users on server."  Also, it hung when I had ZoneAlarm enabled and wouldn't let me quit.  I had to reset my machine to abort it. :hulk:

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 08:10:21 PM »

America's army rocks, but takes way too long and doesn't have enough action.

Enemy Territory is my fav' multiplayer game, period.

Sadly enough, I don't have DSL any more.

Satellite has at best, a 4000 ping.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 08:26:28 PM »

I tried, but it told me "Too many users on server." Also, it hung when I had ZoneAlarm enabled and wouldn't let me quit. I had to reset my machine to abort it

It doesn't like firewalls, and at peak hours it can be difficult to get in.  Hey, it's both a beta and Korean.
Blank avatar

jedimastermonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 09:29:24 PM »

Yea, my friend told me to play that, but I gave up because there were too many users.I don't know how it is now with the new servers.

http://myspace-806.vo.llnwd.net/00115/60/88/115188806_l.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Fall away, spiral out...
http://thebrbforums.com/html/emoticons/monkeytfn.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 09:30:16 PM »

You find the most random crap Funk haha.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 09:17:33 PM »

Anybody else care to give it a try?  If not, the new game's gonna be posted.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 09:34:56 PM »

Anything playable via Satellite?  If not (more than likely not) I sadly won't be able to play.  However, David and Jeffrey Heustis might be takers.

Thems has DSL.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 09:36:38 PM »

I'll throw some single-player stuff into the mix next time around, just for you.
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 12:00:00 AM »

Post another game and I'll play...
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 09:33:22 AM »

I'll throw some single-player stuff into the mix next time around, just for you.
Cheesy

Thank you sir...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: