theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: ***theBRB Changes***  (Read 13102 times)
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2005, 04:57:58 PM »

Did custom titles ever make a big difference... I don't know,  but I think it's not a big deal. B)  
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2005, 05:08:24 PM »

I had one. It made me unique. I never got to have a say whether it was taken down or not. Another evil change made by Daniel.........

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

Sage

Administratah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2005, 05:41:47 PM »

Alright now...  Time to stop assigning blame here.  We're working things out now so let's all try to develop a positive mental outlook.  In other words, Mike, pass the pizza.

Smiley

Sage H.

Don't make me destroy you.  And stuff.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/rogue_09/mWo.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2005, 05:44:34 PM »

Alright now... Time to stop assigning blame here.

Why, if it's someone's fault that he's upset?

IM me again, too, Sage.  Or I shall pwn you.
Blank avatar

Sage

Administratah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2005, 05:53:28 PM »

Don't make me give you a stern look.

Get it?

Heh.

Sage H.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/rogue_09/mWo.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2005, 05:55:14 PM »

No one's assigning blame, just angered by the fact that nothing was passed by the house of Reps and everything was passed in the Senate.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2005, 06:09:44 PM »

Oh Cool.

So everything is just fine.

Phwew.

Yoda, one thing the custom titles do that I'm not a fan of, is cause people to want to up up up up their post count needlessly.

I'm also against having the bars next to our names, and the post count.

While it's nice and informative, it's tempting to start spamming just to up your badge count.

Smiley

See the point?

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2005, 06:15:06 PM »

I agree....a lot of people do that.  I'm glad they don't have personal titles anymore.  Think of the ranking as more of a way of organizing the members.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2005, 06:53:35 PM »

I'm going to say this:  The staff needs to stand up, be honest, and let the userbase know exactly what's going on, and the site ownder needs to learn how to do his job.  If these can't happen, then teh funk is gonna pack up and leave, and give an unfavorable review of the site to anyone who expresses an interest.
Blank avatar

Sage

Administratah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2005, 07:00:19 PM »

I'm not exactly site management at the moment so I can't speak for anyone.  I do agree that things need to be worked out and just as soon as Dan gets back online we're going to talk.  We're working on it now.

Sage H.

Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2005, 12:07:50 AM »

Thank you sage for defending me in this.

We are going to work it out. Everyone needs to calm down. This has all been a LOT of activity and it needs to stop.

We are going to have an FULL staff meeting this weekend, once we find a time that everyone is free.

We are going to work this out and it will be good again.

Also, Danny (yodaman), don't flame me like that. I don't appreciate it. I'd edit, but I don't particularly mind using that as an example of what not to do. I have been plenty nice in helping you out with stuff (TEACHING YOU HOW TO DO STOP MOTION, for one, and giving you a board for your project that you moderate.)
And... if you must know, your title was not edited by me. We came to a group decision and I was actually not a big part of it. I do support the other admins on this though.

This thread has gone far enough. There is no need for this sudden outburst of people who are upset.

If you have a problem, bring it up with whoever you shoudl bring it up with. If thats me, then you know my aim sn... if not its d33jr. (djr_33 on yahoo) danjr33@gmail.com for email.

You can also PM any member of the staff and we will respond.

I assure you there is no reason to get worked up over the new changes aside from just being excited. More content (NOT changes to the forum, but a site) will be released at the end of the month.

I am closing this thread as it is more trouble than it is worth.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: