theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: ***theBRB Changes***  (Read 14101 times)
Blank avatar

Fig

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2005, 02:03:13 AM »

You may or may not be aware that some of the admins have been talking a lot behind the scenes, thinking about the future of this site...and if I could get a few minutes out of your day, I have some important announcements about some of the changes we're putting into action.

First things first, theBRB is going to be widening it's horizons and purpose to a much grander scale in the near future. We're not gonna tell you exactly what's gonna happen, but you'll know it when you see it. In the next month or so, the entire face of the website will change for the better. We're adding a lot, and working with a couple of big sites you have probably heard of, trying to make this site be a much more useful tool for filmmakers.  The URL www.thebrb.com will soon go to a very different site, although www.thebrbforums.com will still come here. But that's what I'm going to talk to you about.

We're making some changes to the forums. We're deleting many of the boards, mixing others, and adding some as well. These changes are to facilitiate the upcoming changes the main site will face, as well as the imminent influx of activity from new members we expect to get. We're also deleting obsolte accounts. If you have less than seven posts, your account will be deleted. (Does not apply to accounts less than a month old.)

These changes are going to be made on Friday, during which time the boards may be down.

See you on the other side, my homies.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 02:05:56 AM by djr33 » Logged

http://www.myspace.com/figchrystie' target='_blank'>MySpace.

http://www.jonvandergriff.com/fig/demo-reel-wmv.wmv' target='_blank'>Demo Reel

http://youtube.com/profile?user=TeagueChrystie' target='_blank'>My movies on YouTube.

http://www.jonvandergriff.com/fig' target='_blank'>The rest of my Movies/Effects/Stuff.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 03:24:00 AM »

This sounds all so exciting.

I hope it turns out the way you want...
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 07:51:45 AM »

Sweetness. I await, anxiously.

Wait... you guys always mention that you were just TALKING behind the scenes... have you been working too? Cause otherwise, how are you going to do all that in 2 days?
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 09:19:16 AM »

Very cool....can't wait for the new face.
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

Administrator and Contest Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 11:53:57 AM »

You guys (with an exception to Ian) weren't here when we went through site changes 3 other times. This isn't as exciting as KIRADOR thinks it is.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 12:35:22 PM »

Hehe. I'm an exception.

But I get the impression that this is a slightly LARGER change.  
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 03:25:17 PM »

Indeed. This is the first stage of a much bigger change.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 03:58:10 PM »

Don't want this place to become too big, though. Then it'll be a clone of TFN and it'll lose all of its charm, which is something I don't think you want it to do.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 04:29:45 PM »

I don't think we're in danger of this site becoming a clone of TFN.

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 04:34:08 PM »

Don't think of it as getting "Bigger".

Think of it as getting "Better".

Cheesy
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »

Actually guys, the plan is to simply double the size of tfn, then buy ourselves a country. that would be fun, eh?

It would be a weird country though... all spread out in real space, but right together in netspace.

/ponders.

Smiley)
Blank avatar

lighter223

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 05:17:57 PM »

maybe

abegh

The snozberries taste like snozberries...

!
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 05:29:13 PM »

How insightful!
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 12:15:17 AM »

Sounds like we have a jealous authoritarian dictator leading the BRB and were still not good enough...thoughts Funk...

Yes, not larger, but more complex...
Like adding a higher resolution to the same size pic...ohhhh!!!

I was just thinking of this last week that the BRB had many limits that can (probably will be) be changed...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 12:49:21 AM by wproductions » Logged
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 09:23:27 AM »

Sounds like we have a jealous authoritarian dictator leading the BRB and were still not good enough...thoughts Funk...

I must heartily disagree. Their goal is to merely create a better place for us to chill in. (such as... dare I say it... actually, I don't know that I do)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: