theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Matte  (Read 3755 times)
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2005, 11:27:42 AM »

I know I did a thread in Post-Production entitled this, but no one replyed and now I'm done with it so I just wanna show it off.

This was the very first matte I've worked on. It's supposed to be a huge, Imperial room inside a Star Destroyer (I know, Star Destroyers probably don't have these huge rooms inside them, but who ever said they couldn't?). Shadow_of_Rebel from TFN helped me out with a lot of this, but I did the initial stuff. If you want to see the pictures we used to create this just ask.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 09:05:46 AM »

Hey! Cool! Looks nice for a first go!

Very interesting technique for the back wall!  
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 10:17:46 AM »

Not a bad start.  You may wish to add some light reflections on the floor, to try and make it look a bit more real.
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 10:57:17 AM »

I agree with reflections, what about a support beam or a ladder on the side?  Rivets?  Rust? If not rust, peeling paint?  Even though the room is nice, it should reflect it's age...
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 10:58:57 AM »

The walls look fine to me, but the floor is really boring. The walls are all shiny and the floor isn't, so thats a bit weird. Depends whats going on top of it, though.
Blank avatar

Gunperry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 01:55:09 PM »

How about makeing stuff in the room other then the figures, or for that matter a door?
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 06:54:43 PM »

simple PS stuff. Just lense flare and lighting FX.

check it out... makes it seem more real.
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 12:10:14 AM »

Since when was there as skylight? ...cool though.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 04:02:03 AM »

The thing is that for about half the time the room is going to be in mostly-complete blackness, so I don't think a light reflecting off the floor could possibly help. Thanks tho.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 04:05:18 AM »

mainly... the floor needs to differ in shades of gray. Thats one way or you can try another.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: