theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FILM CREW(s?)  (Read 4143 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: June 22, 2005, 11:47:55 PM »

We have our script. Now we need to figure out who will be filming the majority of the shots.

We have the four main characters as well as the main alien. There are other minor roles as well.

If you can film part or all of it, please volunteer.

Smiley
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 11:48:12 PM by djr33 » Logged

Nitro Blade

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 07:24:10 AM »

I might be able to work with JediByKnight and use his camera to film some small fast scenes, like maybe the news reporter or some news report scenes minus the CG? I'll have to ask him though, but I might be able to even if he can't.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 07:26:35 AM »

I could also shoot a news report - in the Uk - to show the alien invasion in a different place...

...maybe  
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 09:36:23 AM »

Great ideas for some cutaways.

I may do some filming... but I can't handle all of it. I'd be up for doing the main guy and fiora... then combining everyone elsle in the shots too. Wouldn't be so hard.

Nitro Blade

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 09:07:20 AM »

What do we do to keep the locations, such as the office building, constant? Find a similar office building, basement, whatever? Or maybe we blue screen it all?

Not that I don't like the idea of combining filming like that, but I'm just wondering what sort of constant problems we'll get in doing so. One BIG problem I can see, aside form locations, sound and cameras (which can be done in the end with visual effects and so on, even if not the best quality), but it's the acting.

This script might require heavy acting, and often what's needed is interaction between actor to actor. This is why even when it focuses on one actor, normally the other actor is on the side performing his/her lines normally warming up for when the camera is on their face. This helps them to take things into acount like tones of the voice, reactions of the other actor(s), emotions of the face so that they can react properly, with the right tone, and of course timing for comedic effect (it's all about timing after all), etc...

When you have the actors seperated there will be sevel re-shoots and mess ups because you think they have it, but when slapped onto with the other actor miles away you might realise they're off with the performance or it's no longer funny because the timing or tone is off.

Of course this doesn't allow any room for improvisation. Most actors like to take lines and make them slightly more natural so they can perform them beter by changing around a word or two. This wouldn't be as big of a proeblem, however no full out improvisation will be allowed, where actors improvise a scene together, one or two lines they change around to make their own jokes or to try something new. You would be surprised how many scenes in movies are at least partially improvised. Off the top of my head, I remember that in The Italian Job, the remake, when Seth green is in the car while "handsom Rob" goes to flirt with a blond cable repair girl, he improvises the whole scene which ends up ebing hilarious. I'm not saying we'll have good enough actors for this degree of improvisation, but I'm just giving it as an example.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 09:08:39 AM by Nitro Blade » Logged
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 03:36:46 AM »

then who shall be the main film team?
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 12:45:36 PM »

I hate to say it, but it seems that no one is taking the job for film crew. Someone needs to... or.... Sad
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 12:48:50 PM »

I think you may have written yourselves into a corner here with the script...it's a pretty difficult (and expensive!) thing to shoot.

Nitro Blade

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 01:24:45 PM »

I agree. Maybe this is a sign to drop my script and try the other script.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 12:50:14 AM »

Not so fast. We may have a taker. More on this soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: