theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CCFilms logo - Redesigning  (Read 4056 times)
Blank avatar

ccfilms

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2005, 02:10:34 PM »

Hey guys,

I've decided it's time to change the logo of CCFilms (everything).

I'm registering the company name of "CCFilms, LLC" (costs about $150 to do such a thing) and I really don't want my logo to say "Catoptric Christian Films" anymore. I just want it to say "CCFilms".

Now when I say a logo, I mean:

1.) An animated logo for the beginning of movies
2.) A still logo for placement (needs to be similar of course, but i don't want a screengrab anymore).

You can see the current logo by clicking on this link:

http://www.ccfilms.com/ngl-med.mov

Basically, the word Catoptric means a Mirror that reflects or redirects light, and I'm not really changing the title, jsut abreviating it. And if people ask what the "CC" in CCFilms means, I'll tell them, but I think it's best, and im sure all of you will agree, that since I don't really make "christian films" and I do more than just films as well, I do web design, corporate videos for large companies, radio commercials, ect, that I should change the name to just CCFilms. It's just easier and more understandable to people.

Anyways, I had an idea of having the letters "CCFilms" and a shine filter moving across the letters from left to right displaying each letter at a time then revealing them all and some kind of a logo or something. I'm totally open to change. grin

I just want ideas, concepts, and if you want you can create a logo or whatever. Just remember. It needs to be both animated and non-animated for different times and places.

ROCK ON!

Jeremy Krakowski
http://www.myspace.com/ccfilms' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/CCFilms
http://www.myspace.com/jaykrak' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/JayKrak - MUSIC MYSPACE
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 02:12:49 PM »

Personally, and please don't take this the wrong way, but IMO the whole "shine through the letters" thing has been WAY overused. It kinda seems to be, like, half of the logos out there.

Hmm... I'll see if I can come up with some stuff Smiley The current one is pretty sweet, though!  
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 02:36:37 PM »

You could have the "ccfilms" come forward and the center hits first and folds out forward, shining brighter and when it hits and shine the brightest the logo appears and white and bright and then the shine backs off and you see "ccfilms" with a nice logo behind it.  Just an idea...
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 02:37:02 PM »

Indeed.  Do something involving Depth of Field.

it's original, cool, and somewhat easy.

Try it!

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 03:10:46 PM »

Oooh! DOF! That WOULD be sweet!  
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 03:17:42 PM »

Ian, who's idea are you referring to?
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 04:08:01 PM »

DOF refers to Depth of Field.  Cheesy

Which means?

He liked me!  He Really LIKED me!!

Tongue

Seriously though, I've yet to see somebody use depth of field well in a video logo.  Of course, I can't think of how to do it, but I'm sure it's doable.

When I think of a good one, I'll let you know-  wait a second.... No I won't....  I don't have a logo yet...

Tongue

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

ccfilms

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 06:33:31 PM »

Oooooooh. DOF! dudmen! Cheesy Ideas.... race.... through mine head.

Sad sad thing is, when I made the current CCFilms logo, I deleted the AE file! (never actually saved it cuz i thought the logo was the suck)...... so yeah. I gotta totally make it from scratch. Funny thing is, i havn't a clue how i did the cross..... it was like a mistake with AE and photoshop combined with transfer modes and I was like DUDE!... haha!

Anyways, yes. I want the logo to say CCFilms.... not Catoptric Christian Films... and if people ask what the CC means, I'll tell them. And I'd almost like the logo to hint the word "catoptric".... which means a mirror for reflecting or directing light.... Wink

Also, the current CCFilms logo uses the Copperplate Gothic Black font. lol. I like that font, but i can live with change.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 06:37:45 PM by ccfilms » Logged

Jeremy Krakowski
http://www.myspace.com/jaykrak' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/JayKrak - MUSIC MYSPACE
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 12:04:03 PM »

So you want to have the logo and the title focused on?...sortof what I was talking about.  

I agree that it has not been used yet in a title, but then why would it have never been used correctly?

You can't focus on something wrong.

You could focus on a series of mirrors (like the definition you told us time and time again) and focus on each mirror, zooming and focusing deeper and then finally have the last mirror(s) beaming on the title and the Logo....Just another thought... You could go very complex or very simple with this.  DOF has many options and possibilities now that I think about it....
Blank avatar

ccfilms

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 01:03:01 PM »

WHOH! An image just raced through my head.....

Jeremy Krakowski
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 10:58:09 PM »

Quick! Catch it before it escapes!
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 07:28:36 PM »

So Jeremy, what exactly is the latest?

I wanna see what you've got!  It'll no doubt be really cool.  And that's cool.  Cheesy

C'mon man!  The world around you is longing for updates!

Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 02:54:47 PM »

...Must see update...
Are you going to mesh many ideas together or pick one person's idea?
Lighting+DOF+Mirrors+Logo= awesome
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: