theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: National treasure  (Read 4187 times)
Blank avatar

jedimastermonkey

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2005, 12:26:17 AM »

Might sound like a dumb movie, but I thought it was pretty good. I like how The technology of finding the clues went from high tech, to low tech,I also enjoyed putting all the pieces of the puzzle together in my head as the story went along.also I liked how they incorporated some history into the movie too.

http://myspace-806.vo.llnwd.net/00115/60/88/115188806_l.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Fall away, spiral out...
http://thebrbforums.com/html/emoticons/monkeytfn.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 12:36:41 AM »

I thought It was great...people can bash it all they want, but in my mind it was worth paying the 5 bucks to go see it in theatre, and then pay the 20 to buy when it came out.
Blank avatar

Darth_Brad

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 06:55:24 AM »

I really liked it too.  As long as you can keep from dissecting it you can't help but have a good time.  
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 08:25:18 AM »

Very true. I had a great time. Kinda formulaic and predictable, but it worked. I loved it.  Cheesy  
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 08:40:21 AM »

National Treasure was an EXTREMELY enjoyable adventure film. If you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend it. It's typical Disney fun. Disney films that make it into theaters are usually worth a glance. It's the straight-to-DVD sequels that scare me... ^_^ Those should generally be avoided...except for the Lion King 1and1/2, which was amazing fun and a lot of laughs.

The clues were witty and exciting, the plot was twisting and fun to follow, and the characters are believable and interesting. I'll even admit...

<SPOILER!!!!!>

for a moment there, I wasn't sure if they'd even FIND the treasure, lol. I thought it MIGHT be a Myth, and they'd all be happy just working together, but they DID find it, and there was that fancy Disney-esque feeling of satisfaction in the pit of my stomach. Darn good movie Smiley

</SPOILER!!!!!>

Not anything top top, but still a fun watch. Worth the trip to the theater and worth a rent from your local video rental.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »

DerekMoreland told me to watch this movie a while ago, but I wasnt' that interested. (He loves just about every movie made)

Is it really worth the money?

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 08:42:35 AM »

Lol. Well, look at the general reaction in this thread.

I'd say so.

I think Sahara is kinda a similiar vein as this movie. Kinda "Indiana Jonesey" (I'msohypedforthatmovie!!!).    
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 08:46:03 AM »

If you're a fan of a good Disney movie...

(Freaky Friday and The Parent Trap both with Lindsay Lohan, the Princess Diaries 1 and 2, etc)

...you will enjoy National Treasure. If you're a hardcore who doesn't enjoy a fun movie like the ones listed above, not only are you missing out on some simple joys in life, but I think you're a deadbeat Smiley
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 09:24:04 AM »

Tech!!  Shocked

You watch....  Chick flicks???

Tongue

Ok, I'll give'er a go sometime.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

ccfilms

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 10:12:43 AM »

I liked National Treasure alot.

----------------------------------------
Oh, and I (Jeremy Krakowski - ccfilms) watch Chick Flicks, not because I'm forced to, but because I really do enjoy them.... I'm serious!  HAHA.

Jeremy Krakowski
http://www.myspace.com/ccfilms' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/CCFilms
http://www.myspace.com/jaykrak' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/JayKrak - MUSIC MYSPACE
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 11:21:01 AM »

Same here on the chick flicks page.

Until I have a chick of my own, it's as close as we'll get.  :-\

Tongue

Blank avatar

jedimastermonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 11:50:51 AM »

I would say rent it if your not totally sure if you would like it.

http://myspace-806.vo.llnwd.net/00115/60/88/115188806_l.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Fall away, spiral out...
http://thebrbforums.com/html/emoticons/monkeytfn.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 01:09:29 PM »

Indeed.  Prolly will.

Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 02:58:55 PM »

Well...my family thought it was too predictable and farfetched.  We over analyzed it and found it to be ok, but would never recommend it to someone wanting to watch a Disney movie.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 04:13:30 PM »

Predictable and farfetched?

C'mon man!  That PROVES it's a Disney show!

Wink

Seriously, what Disney movie have you seen that wasn't predictable and farfetched in some way or another?

See what I mean?  The vast majority of them are.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: