theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Poll
Question:
Nitroblade's "My Boss is an Alien from Outer Space" - 6 (54.5%)
Alex C's "The Adventures of Dave and Sam" (Working Title) - 5 (45.5%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: FINAL SCRIPT TO USE  (Read 8875 times)

Nitro Blade

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 06:52:43 AM »

I like Alex's, especially the ending. Makes it feel like a real adventure, and we connect to Sam because he's the confused random person that was thrown into this, just like the audience, and he's no super-powered agent, so we can attach ourselves to him, which makes this cool and fun.

A few things bugged me about Alex's script though, but nothing that can't be changed in future drafts. For example, the constant explanitory dialogue that can be explained by actions and not words.

DAVE: Considering that we're highly outnumbered, and drawing a firearm would be suicidal, I this we should do what we're told.

Also, sometimes their reactions are strange and confusing. I remember when I think it was Dave or Sam ran into a group of people that looked like guards but were fancier dressed. He didn't freak out thinking they were guards in the heat of the moment and pointed his gun, but instead he asked who they were.

I dunno, just some things I noticed. But hey, I'm sure my script isn't all too great either and needs a lot to be fixed up too.

Now the thing is, not because this is my script, but I agree with JohnMoore that My Boss is an Alien has more opportunity for a group effort. But anyways.

I never voted since I haven't been online. Is it fair for me to vote? I mean has Alex voted?

EDIT: Oh right, and thanks to everyone who voted for mine and likes mine! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 06:54:13 AM by Nitro Blade » Logged
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 11:38:29 AM »

Hehe. It's a tie.  
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 11:41:35 AM »

Maybe I can get Derek Moreland and David Heustis to read them and vote.

I'm not gonna lean them one way or the other, because they're BOTH kick-butt scripts.

I just want to know which one they'd rather see made.

I'll see what I can do.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 12:55:56 PM »

We have a 4-4 tie. Please vote if you have not. Voting will close wed at midnight (end of wed.)

If it is not decided by then, I will choose someone to read the scripts and pick.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 02:40:39 PM »

Lol!  Then doesn't that defeat the purpose? Especially if they've already voted!  Cheesy

And if not, have them vote and break the tie!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 02:41:04 PM by Mrdodobird » Logged
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 05:55:22 PM »

If they are both qualified...we could do both, one West Coast team and one East Coast team, and Europe could decide which team...just a thought
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 05:55:48 PM by wproductions » Logged

Nitro Blade

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2005, 07:30:20 AM »

Wow, people are finally voting. Cool.

I still think that we could chose one, and leave the other if we ever plan to do another project after this one. No?
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2005, 07:53:17 AM »

Yeah. I really want Dave and Sam to be made since I actually had something to do with it.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2005, 03:05:28 PM »

If we decide to do whoevers, the other one should deffinitly be kept, for a future project.
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2005, 04:19:06 PM »

Yes...both should be made, but a different times...
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2005, 11:22:28 AM »

Well.... I would agree with the above statements, but also.... there's one problem. This was to be our starting film, then we would move on to bigger (and hopefully better, no offense) projects. With enough time and interest... maybe even full length Smiley

So.... the vote ends today... and as I said before, if its a tie, I will find someone to break the tie, and yes, that would be someone who has not voted yet and they will do so by voting.

Hmmm.... I really like the idea of simultaneous productions, but that might  be biting off more than we can chew, y'know?

Who would be up for doing both? Better yet.... who would FILM both?

Nitro Blade

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2005, 08:12:49 PM »

I'm not saying you're not right, but I'm just wondering, why do we have to go bigger next time? I mean it'll be difficult enough coordinating this thing with multiple people online, why complicate things? I'm just saying...
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2005, 09:40:49 PM »

Two things...

first, I have decided... we WILL do the winning script. If there is enough interest, then we may start the other one as another project, but it definately isn't for sure. Personally, I like the idea of having both done, but find the idea of taking on both to be absurd... thats just asking for trouble.

Nitro, I am not saying we HAVE to do something bigger next time, but when/if this works, then we WILL have returning, interested people as well as many people who see the movie who want to work on the next one.
I would love to see a GREAT long film from this in the end. Maybe we do both scripts, one after the other, whatever, then  do the long one. All I'm saying is that would be great.... if we can handle it. But I certainly won't force anything longer... we'll see what everyone wants to do. Its not worth figuring out right now anyway.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2005, 10:04:36 PM »

Ok, here's my brutal and honest opinion.

Alex, your script is good.  Very good in fact.  BUT, it's not quite as good as Nitro's as far as variety and liveliness goes, IMO.  Second, It's not as well suited for the project.

Nitro's script could even be a lot better suited for the program.  I'll have Derek Moreland read them both.

But I'm all for Nitro's, if only because it is designed in such a way as to make this project MUCH more groupacrosstheinternet oriented.

Smiley

There's my brutal honesty.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2005, 11:19:39 PM »

Its past midnight, so we are officially using Nitro's script.

Let us plan!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: