theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-Production  (Read 14837 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 02:41:09 AM »

haha.

Hmm.... seriously, though... we gotta keep moving on this.

Kirador... you said you'd head up pre-production.... so why don't you figure out what needs to be done and we can try to find people to do it.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 02:44:24 AM »

I'll pm some people today to see if they're interested... Smiley

...I did a quick storyboard for the first scene, so i'll post it when I have access to that darn camera - my mum's using for some art work thing.

Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2005, 05:20:22 AM »

This is a storyboard for the first scene. It is a dream sequence in which Hal tries to save Fiora (his love interest) from a dragon's cave.

...to read; start at top left of each page and go down vertically. Once at the bottom of that line of pictures carry on at the top right of that page....... i hope you understood that. Smiley  
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 08:38:19 AM »

Here is a conceptual piece for the cave's entrance.

(If you could scout out a cave like this to film in that would just be too amazing... Otherwise we may have to do a matte painting or CG painting... Smiley )
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 08:40:13 AM by KIRADOR » Logged
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2005, 10:15:59 AM »

Wow!  Rockin' Kirador!

I'm likin' the way it goes, a LOT!

The only thing that caught me as odd, was that the last frame on page 1 felt awkward.  It doesn't seem like a shot that would follow up headshots.  Usually it's feet, then head.  Not the other way around.

Perhaps a wide rear shot would be in order at that point.

A foot shot would do, if it were looking through Hal's feet at the camera.

I love the shield!  Smiley

That's all I got for now.  Perhaps I'll put those into premiere and work with 'em...

I still have to write for Sibs 2....

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2005, 10:18:52 AM »

I see what you mean about that awkward transisition. Your suggestion sounds good
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 10:19:10 AM by KIRADOR » Logged
Blank avatar

jedimastermonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2005, 10:23:42 AM »

Looks good so far, I like where is is going.

http://myspace-806.vo.llnwd.net/00115/60/88/115188806_l.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Fall away, spiral out...
http://thebrbforums.com/html/emoticons/monkeytfn.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2005, 10:23:44 AM »

Ok, I saw something else that I like, that could go a step further.  The frame where it's the Dragons POV.

What if the camera started a little low (for a dragon Tongue) , and then rose up majestically, (like it were mounted to the dragons head,) and Hal just keeps looking up up up at this massive beast.

It's a thought, anyway.  Hard to do, but it would be kickin'.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2005, 10:25:54 AM »

Nice idea, John B)  
Blank avatar

Alex_C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2005, 11:07:42 AM »

For when the camera follows the fire, instead of the flame being under the camera, whiat if the fire surrounded the camera's view?
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2005, 11:17:51 AM »

We could try that with animatics... see how looks. Sounds good.

Nitro Blade

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2005, 11:34:12 AM »

Oh this is sooo cool! I go away to toronto and come back and there are story boards. What's even cooler is that the opening scene looks just like I imagined it when I wrote it. Heh... anyways. Smiley

Nice shield. Smiley

I'm no special effects guy, so I can't really help you guys with this stage. Just tried to give you guys a challenge when I wrote it, lol.

What about when we look down the cave at first, we can see the end of the cave light up with fire (without any visible fire) and we hear a girl screaming to signify fiora, unless that's what I put originally? I don't even remember my script, lol.

One thing though, if you can try to put what you're doing in the frames and which go together. For example, is the shot fo the fire and inside the dragons mouth all one shot, like sort of a tracking shot following the fire into his mouth? A good way to do it is to number the shots, and if they're the same shot, you just say they're frames 1a and 1b and maybe describe what type of shot, i.e. C.U., Traking forward, panning, etc... If you're not sure of the names, they have the names for shots listed everywhere on the net, I'm sure. Looks good so far though.

EDIT: Oh, and awsome cave! That's pretty much EXACTLY what I thought it would look like when writing it. Neat. Cheesy

OOPS. Oh wow, I really didn't take a close look at the storyboards. I'm tired from the trip, lol. Yeah you do describe the shots, my mistake. I guess all that's needed is the numbering. I feel stupid. Plus I was reading the storyboards wrong, I read them left to right... My bad... lol
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 11:39:18 AM by Nitro Blade » Logged
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2005, 01:16:44 PM »

Heh. Excelent stuff Karador. Its comming along well, keep up the good work. Smiley
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2005, 02:27:47 PM »

I agree. this is all VERY good.

Getting back to the issue of the dragon for a minute, we need to keep in mind how hard that will be to pull off. As such, some of these shots may not be feasable... so keep an open mind. BUT... I say we plan for anything that the story needs then tone it down later if we must.

Great work!

Anyone reading this, don't forget to help revise the script  itself, especially the lines. We should get that thing totally polished before its ever put before camera.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2005, 02:31:20 PM »

Anything's feasable B)

Give me a shot and i'll describe how it could be done with our resources... Smiley
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 02:33:30 PM by KIRADOR » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: