theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-Production  (Read 14752 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: May 30, 2005, 09:52:28 PM »

Since we are nearing the completion of our scripts... we should begin figuring out who is doing what for pre-production.

First... we need to do all of the previsualization work.... no matter which script idea we use, we will most likely need animatics, storyboards and the like. Any interest? Concept art?

We will also be needing to revise the script... but this will come in time.

Also... we must decide who the film crews will be and figure out if they can (or if they need help to) make the props, costumes, etc....
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 01:01:37 AM »

I'll do Storyboards and conceptual art if you like.  :peace:  
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 01:12:40 AM »

Awesome!
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 10:47:28 PM »

Well... let's get moving.

The script is final... first... we need the ship for the end designed... that's easy to start now.

You can also work on all of the locations.

Please familiarize yourselves with the script and an updated version will be posted soon.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 12:45:43 AM »

I'll get on with the ship design now. Smiley  
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 03:48:12 AM »

This is just the concept design, so feel free to give any sugestions about changes that could be made, or you could design your own ship from scratch.

...i'm not sure if this is too much to ask for modelling (with the curves and all) so you could adjust some elements of the design to your liking. Smiley

Here's my vision of the ship...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 03:49:35 AM by KIRADOR » Logged
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 11:04:33 PM »

Awesome! That looks really cool. Its a perfect gettaway ship, I think.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 08:19:31 AM »

Two things...

1- Its time to begin pre-production on the new script.  This means that if you are part of pre-production, you should start doing animatics, drawings, fx tests, whatever, just to begin envisioning what this will all look like.

2- Can we use the above ship? Can't be the huge one.... but maybe a smaller ship in the film?
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 09:10:42 AM »

Here's a couple of drawings for the first scene...

Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005, 09:11:23 AM »

...It would be great if someone could do a simple animatic of this shot in the scene:

The man look terrified when suddenly the dragon breathes fire towards the man. We follow in the fire along for a ride as it rushes towards the man and it hitís his shield which he brought up to protect him.

Blank avatar

Alex_C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2005, 12:22:20 PM »

If only I could draw...
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2005, 02:25:43 PM »

wow, very cool stuff Smiley I really like the image of the dragon.

Now... that brings up a good point... how exactly will we do the dragon.

Its down to 3 options...

1- CG
2- Stop Motion
3- Puppet

I don't believe that anyone here has the resources to make a good enough puppet... so its really stop motion or CG.

I would LOVE to do the stop motion on it, but I don't know how to make a decent  figure that can both bend and hold its position. Materials, etc, I mean.
If anyone can help me with how or actually building it, then that would be great.
Something like a dragon is so organic it would be very tough to do well as CG... but not impossible.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 02:30:20 AM »

I really think we should do the dragon in CG..... unless you could get your hands on an amazing dragon model for stop-motion.

The cave will be dark so the unorganic look of cg wont be exposed that much...

Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 02:34:52 AM »

hmmm... I'd have to see some tests to agree, but that may be true.

Its not that sculpting the model is that hard.... I know a couple people who are good... but I don't know how to make it flexible in the right ways.

Also.... CG would fit the dreamlike atmosphere, I guess Smiley
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 02:39:35 AM »

Maybe his life is filled with so many computer-generated images that when he dreams everything looks CG. B)  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: