theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: General Story Discussion  (Read 7682 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 09:56:05 PM »

Well.... we are going to have the general start for films, then a submission. If they are the same thing, then fine by me.

They should not be in very simple summary format..... but they CAN be in a more detailed summary format, true script format with most content missing or a rough including all content.

Basically, an editor won't be assigned, but rather it will simply be anyone up to the challenge. You can be the editor in charge of your own script, that is fine.

And, if you submit a script, don't worry, we won't rewrite if before submission.... this is more for scripts from the one line at a time threads, etc.

To summarize all of my talking from above:
We need a clear plan of what is to be written. It needs (with very few reasons for exceptions): beginning that can work for the short film setup, end/conclusion, general idea of characters, hint at a theme perhaps, and enough details to decide whethere it will hold up in final format or not.

Nitro Blade

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 05:36:01 AM »

Ah okay,

I guess I'm just missunderstanding what you're saying. To me a script is one thing only. And to me, the script missing a lot of content is often refered to as a treatment or outline, which is what I was describing. That's where the confusion ensued.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 10:55:29 AM »

Well... I haven't been that clear.

Basically we need a rough draft of the script.... in script format or story... but it needs to be workable and include enough to have a good base.

For example "There is a guy piloting a spaceship. He wants to get rich. He does."..... that's not a good start Wink (Though it could be expanded upon... but wouldn't be the final submission)
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2005, 10:41:49 PM »

In light of time, etc.... we have picked the "best" of the story ideas, that being the script writing thread lead by Alex C, with DAVE and SAM attacking the underground fortress full of clones and laserguns.

If you wish to have another script used for this, out of My script writing thread, about the girl kidnapped and cops on the trail or the great idea by NitroBlade about a guy in a dead-end job who learns his bosses are aliens after they kidnap his love interest, feel free.

Due to time concerns, respond ASAP if you hope for us to use another script. This is final as of FRIDAY.

Nitro Blade

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2005, 05:59:14 AM »

Well I was working on the script for my idea.

So I'll try to get it for you by friday. If I don't get it finished, or if you don't accept it, it's fine. I'll use it for myself one day maybe. I'll try to get it to you ASAP. Been kinda busy on my end, ugh...
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 10:37:48 AM »

Well.... two things:

1- Its nice to have a script that was written by all of us

2- We already had perfectly suited, interested actors for the roles.

now... I just got an email back from Ian and he says he is busy. We will probably be able to work it out, but if not, I'd love to look into your script.

Nitro Blade

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 08:44:37 AM »

Umm alright. I just didn't know it needed to be in so quickly, and that you would find people already for it, but I understand. I'll write it anyways. Plus there's probably a lot of room for changes in my script by other people.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 11:07:19 PM »

Well... Ian may be busy and Nitro has submitted a cool idea for a film. Ideas on going about this?

We might as well have a vote at this point Smiley
Blank avatar

Alex_C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005, 06:49:17 PM »

I shall post the draft of the script by the time i go to bed tomorrow. It's been a busy week for me, with 13.5 hours of work experience on the 2 grad shows for my school, and my sadistic socials teacher.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2005, 07:01:16 PM »

Sounds good... then we'll work from there.

Honestly, is the any point in me typing up my script? That is, the one from the line by line scriptwriting thread I was in charge of with the kidnapping, etc.?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: