theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Supervisors  (Read 3207 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: May 25, 2005, 09:22:30 PM »

This is the thread to discuss exactly who will be the supervisors for each aspect of the film. We also need to decide on exactly what these aspects are.

You may volunteer yourself, but we will have to carefully choose the positions. Also, it is pretty much a commitment to at least give a good effort if you sign up to be a supervisor. Remember, also, that as a supervisor, you are welcome to participate in other aspects  of production as well.

Supervisors duties are very simple: oversee and manage any problems in your aspect of production. Also, you will pretty much have the final call on decisions. (For example, the music editor will have the final say if a track is to be used or not).

The positions that I see so far are (give or take some):
  • Executive Producer (*Filled by me, at least until we are better organized and pick someone else, though I will be happy to lead)
  • FX supervisor(s) (*there will probably be two or three, focusing on different types of FX-- CG, compositing, etc.)
  • Music supervisor (most likely a composer, someone who leads the music team)
  • Sound Supervisor (very important position. they are in charge of everything sound. This means helping the individual film for best sound quality to overseeing sound FX)
  • Editing Supervisor
There will be more, of course. Some smaller positions may include Credits Supervisor-- simply someone who is in charge of deciding who did what and what order the credits should run.

Another note: Just signing up to become a supervisor DOES NOT mean you have to do much [technically any] actual work in the area, but simply oversee that it is being done. You should, however, be very knowledgable about your subject area.

Also, just because you are in charge of... say FX, that doesn't mean you have the final call. The story editor may tell you you have to do something differently for the story to flow.
Basically, it will work like a real production studio.

So.. let's discuss... both positions that we will  need and who will fill them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 09:22:39 PM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 06:52:32 PM »

Wouldn't need a boy with Audition to be a sound supavisa would ya?

Just a thought.

IF I am superviser, my first act as superviser is to order all sound dudes to READ my tut.  Cheesy

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 07:30:16 PM »

I take it you are volunteering, not suggesting that the sound supervisor "should" have audition.

Assuming you're volunteering... that would be awesome... let's wait a bit before we decide, but you are certainly qualified from your tutorial.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 07:46:18 PM »

To add to the above, some supervisors will gain mod powers (for this forum only).
This does not apply to all supervisors and some will only gain partial mod abilities, perhaps.
I will figure out who gets what.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 08:06:52 PM »

Eh, don't make the superviser position TOO cool, or then I won't feel worthy.

Yeah.  I'd totally be willing to help with sound and get that section all sunglassed.  

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 09:04:34 PM »

Unlike just helping out in general, you must be qualified and have a reasonable level of commitment to be supervisor. Also, it will be at my discretion to see who, in fact, out of the supervisors, needs to be made a moderator. This will mainly be based on their involvement and effort.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 09:49:51 PM »

Mrdodobird and I have spoken and he will probably be the CG supervisor. I like what that means Smiley

Anyone else interested?
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 01:30:33 AM »

RIGHT NOW.. SUPERVISORS:

DJR33-- Overall Organization
KIRADOR-- Pre-visualization
MRDODOBIRD-- CG Supervisor
JOHNMOORE-- Sound supervisor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: