theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: General Info  (Read 3519 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: May 25, 2005, 09:05:06 PM »

So.... the question is..... can we do it?
Create a group film, that is.

I believe we can, and I'm all ready to give it a try.

Basically.... the goal of this project is to work together as a team with each member focusing on their strengths in filmmaking to create a great film.

With all of our strengths put together, nothing can stop us.... if we can organize it well enough. This is the plan for organization:

-Each member who wishes to will work on however much they choose out of any aspect of production. This means music composition, filming, all FX, sound work, voice acting.... the list goes on forever.
-We will have a number of generically titled "supervisors" including, but not limited to.... Story Supervisor, FX supervisor, Filming Supervisor, Sound supervisor, Music supervisr, Crew/Production supervisor (probably me), etc.
-While every member will be able to participate in everything, the specifec editor for each aspect of the story will have the final say in their specific part of production.

The main challenge we face is creating a story that:
-Is good
-Fits the multi-location filming setup
and
-Incorporates many opportunities for great FX work.

Please keep off-topic posting to a minimum... there is plenty of space for that in the social forum.

Anyway, good luck to us.... and let's get started!
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 09:47:39 PM »

Also, please don't just post to say its a bad idea. Not going to help/change anything, anyway. Thanks! However, if you have a suggestion that might help, even if you don't believe in the project, then post away!

For length, I'm thinking anywhere from 5-15 minutes... depending on what we are up for. We shouldn't do anything more than that and if (when!) it works....thereby drawing attention, we can expand the next time around.
Timeframe..... we should try to accomplish a lot over the summer and see where we get.... it may take a long time, it may only take those three months... all depends on what we decide upon.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 08:25:12 PM »

I must make a clear note to anyone interested in the project.

Any material... be it a story concept, an image, a sound, you on camera, whatever is officially usable for the project in whatever form it ends up.
theBRB.com gains rights to your work.
However, you do not lose any rights. You may use YOUR work for whatever you please... portfolios, your own projects (hopefully nothing too significant... but a sound effect, or story concept we don't use.... whatever).

Example of a shot changing form: If you submit an FX shot, the crew as a whole (anyone interested, basically) has the option to work with it and change it to whatever form they wish. This may then be used or not, if it is better than the original.

Basically, don't submit anything that you would have a problem being used in the project. We may also change its form. You also don't give up any rights. We simply gain the right to use it.

Also, this does not apply to monetary profits. If this becomes an issue, we will work it out.
The only real option that I see for it would be DVDs of the film itself... but the money from this would probably just be enough to cover costs of making them.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 05:00:42 PM »

Alright.... here we go. We have four ideas for a story and we should all begin thinking about which one would be best and most interesting to use.

Also, we need to figure out supervisors for the specific areas soon.

We should be able to begin the next phases of production very soon, such as previsualization and revising the script.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 10:44:27 PM »

In light of time, etc.... we have picked the "best" of the story ideas, that being the script writing thread lead by Alex C, with DAVE and SAM attacking the underground fortress full of clones and laserguns.

If you wish to have another script used for this, out of My script writing thread, about the girl kidnapped and cops on the trail or the great idea by NitroBlade about a guy in a dead-end job who learns his bosses are aliens after they kidnap his love interest, feel free.

Due to time concerns, respond ASAP if you hope for us to use another script. This is final as of FRIDAY.

This was also posted in the story forum, so no one misses it.

Alex will be posting an updated/revised version of the script soon.

One of the main reasons this script was chosen is due to the fact that Ian (mrdodobird) and nick (nickkennedy88) volunteered to (or been asked to and agreed Wink ) the parts of DAVE and SAM. They would fit the roles perfectly and this should be a very fun project.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 11:20:51 PM »

The final script has been chosen. It is nitroblade's "My boss is an alien from outer space".

Go! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: