theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vegas 6.0  (Read 2364 times)
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2005, 03:31:46 PM »

I've used Premiere Pro for a long time, and there are a lot of really bad design issues with this proggy.  It works fine (other than the overamp glitch which annoys the heck out of me and other users), but it's so slow.

I just downloaded the demo for Vegas 6 yesterday.  The program blows me away.  It roxorz my boxorz and soxorz and anything else that is rockable.

Really, it's NICE.  The interface is genius, and several little ideas that speed up the editing practice are just great.  Just fantastic.

Anyway, to say the least, I love it.

It saddens me that I can only have the demo for another 28 days.

(a tip for those of you wishing to install the demo, if you download it at 11 O'clock, wait an hour or so before installing.  It's worth the extra day, I think.)

Anyway, yeah.

I'm looking forward to buying this puppy.

Is it worth getting Vegas 6+DVD, or should I save my money and just get Vegas 6?

As it is, I don't have a decent DVD software, and I had been considering Adobe Encore.  I guess maybe I should hold off and just get Vegas6 and DVD.

Yeah.

So, you all have fun.

(plays more in proggy.)

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

ccfilms

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 06:08:24 PM »

I'm a vegas freak man. I've been using it ever since Vegas 4.0. I absolutely love it. I'm right now pinching my pennies to upgrade my computer, but i'll be purchasing 6.0 (I use 5.0 right now). I got a video job in denver. Should pay largly. Cheesy

I make all my films with it. I've never used premiere. Cheesy

A little birdie told me (actually he told me himself) but Vaportrail, after i spent about 15 minutes explaining the interface has permenantly switched from Premiere to Vegas. Wink

It's really quite powerful. I love it alot. I won't switch, except to something bigger and more expensive. Cheesy

The DVD package is great cuz you get Dolby Digital support. I made all my movies in Vegas. Cheesy I love it. It's very good software. I could go on for hours why I like it, but im quite busy, but it's my choice above any app. Cheesy

EDIT: Oh, your question. YES. Get the DVD. it's worth it. You actually, for some FREAKISH reason, CAN NOT use mp3s, mpeg files, or do surround sound and even some filters without the dVD package. and when you get the DVD package, the surround sound itself is worth it since it's unlmited. It's very worth it. I'd never buy vegas without DVD. that's my opinion.

As i said, you can't use mp3s which is dumb. Sad but you can with DVD.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 06:11:06 PM by ccfilms » Logged

Jeremy Krakowski
http://www.myspace.com/ccfilms' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/CCFilms
http://www.myspace.com/jaykrak' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/JayKrak - MUSIC MYSPACE
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 06:15:53 PM »

Actually, as it is, I don't use mp3's.  If there's a cut of music in mp3 that I want to use, I convert it to WAV.  It really actually helps the quality, at least in premiere.

So, yeah, I'll get the DVD.  That's been made apparent by what you've said!

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

ccfilms

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 06:48:44 PM »

I think people need to give Vegas a chance (and that means more than 15 minutes of a chance). Heck, i gave Macs a chance and I actually like them apples (pun intended) Cheesy

Jeremy Krakowski
http://www.myspace.com/jaykrak' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/JayKrak - MUSIC MYSPACE
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 08:02:55 PM »

Ok wait....

In the Vegas 6 demo, I was able to import an mp3.

Maybe it was a glitch they fixed.

Yeah, Premiere had way too much of a chance.

I hereby decree it trash.

Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 08:41:06 PM »

Premiere all the way. Woo Hoo! Adobe Premiere 6.5  Cheesy  Booooo on Vegas
Blank avatar

ccfilms

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 10:20:20 PM »

Your a dork rabbath.

Jeremy Krakowski
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

Administrator and Contest Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 08:25:52 AM »

I'm actually interested in using Vegas myself. However, for DVD's I use what has been christen "...the most powerful DVD authoring tool ever.", Adobe Encore DVD 1.5. I have become very skillful in this program. Combine with Digital Juice, I shall soon become Masterful.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 08:53:13 AM by ObiJuan2080 » Logged
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 08:30:28 AM »

..Cresson?
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 08:43:07 AM »

Oh God did I spell that right lol? You know cresson as in dub ("I dub thee Prince of....").
Or something like that.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 08:43:28 AM by ObiJuan2080 » Logged
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 08:51:17 AM »

It's christen.

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 08:52:50 AM »

Fixed it. Thanks Justin.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 08:52:56 AM »

Oh, okay.

You'd think I would have been able to figure that out from the context.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: