theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32
  Print  
Author Topic: What Would You Do?  (Read 54531 times)
Blank avatar

NickKennedy88

« on: May 23, 2005, 07:25:40 PM »

I ask a "what would you do" question. The next person answers it and asks a new what would you do question.

Ill go first, well maybe i wont, ok i will.

What would you do if you woke up at 500 miles above earth with a breathing mask and a bag full of forks, spoons, and knives. Also there is a small rabbit in you left hand.
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 08:38:52 PM »

I supposed I would first realize that I was 500 miles above the earth, and would therefore be weightless. Because if I woke up up there, you'd think I'd have been there for some time. I wouldn't have just been tossed up there, finally come to a halt, and felt like waking up, so logically I would've been asleep 500 miles up already before my waking. So yeah, weightless.

I would immediately begin flailing my arms about trying to create counter-force to send me back towards earth. I would then realize that's stupid because I would just accelerate really fast and smash back into the ground in a gruesome death. So, I'd sit back and look at the beatiful picture formed by the moon in orbit of the earth, since I am about twice as far out, then would proceed to eat the rabbit using the utensils as my last meal.

To eat, I would simply remove the mask for up to 30 seconds at a time (since the all-knowing Hithchiker's Guide to the Galaxy says I can survive for 30 seconds in space...then just put back on the mask...and I'm good for another 30 seconds) and take portions of the rabbit in and enjoy.

Of course it would be quite cold and hard from the flash-freezing in space, but hey, I'd bear it before I start to move myself toward the moon for a pretty view before I hurtle smashing into its surface Smiley

That work?

====

Now *cracks knuckles*

What would you do if you found yourself on an island the size of a small dinner table in the middle of an unidentifiable ocean with nothing but a long piece of rope, two palm fronds, a beanie with propeller, and four hairs off the head of your best friend. (how you know they're from your best friend is irrelevant)
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 08:39:24 PM »

I would end up giving the breathing mask to the rabbit to save it's life....

Just kidding, I'd eat the rascal.

And, Then I'd try to guide myself toward a body of water somehow.  Gosh.  That'd be difficult.

I think I'll keep my questions down to earth. (pun pun pun)

I find it intereting that my younger brother plays this game ALL the time.

--------------------

What would you do if, Ian invited you to be a star in Ideality?

*hopes and prays every night*

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 08:39:47 PM »

Actually, this sounds like a really fun game. Smiley

Well, assuming the breathing mask is one of those used for breathing at high altitudes, it would probably also be connected to a container of compressed gas. I would release the gas, and it would propell me towards Earth, till I became close enough to feel the effect of gravity. As I fell, I would place the rabbit between my legs (to absorb the blow), then begin to saw off the nozel of the compressed gas. Once I got close to the ground, I would knock the entire nozel off with the spoon, the sparks would ignite the gas in the canister, which would cause it to expand, and that would force it all out of the nozel very quickly. There is no action without a reaction, so the gas being pushed out of the cannister (I would point it down) would slow my fall. I would then throw all the silverware far from me, less it impale me on impact.

I would then either burn up in the atmosphere, die of monoxide poisoning, or splatter into a million pieces on my sadly not-slowed-enough impact.

That's what I would do.

What would you do if you were hiking in the snow at night, in a bare, steep slope, and heard an avelance coming down the mountain? The items you have with you are your hiking backpack, sleeping bag, raincoat, flashlight, pots and pans, matches, clothes you're wearing, propane stove.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 08:42:01 PM by Mrdodobird » Logged
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 08:40:31 PM »

Uhm, Ian and john?...dibs ^_^
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 08:41:10 PM by TechKrill » Logged
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 08:41:26 PM »

In response to John's question...

I would probably get myself checked out by a psychoanalyst or something.  Cheesy

You wanna be in Ideality? We can arrange that.  Cheesy (probably not starring, due to your location, but I think we can figure somethin' out. If you're serious, anyway.)  
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 08:43:37 PM »

In response to John's, I would immediately fly out to meet Ian and talk about the role, and generally be very excited. After all, I am bored for the summer...tho he'd have to help pay for the plane ticket ^_^
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 08:45:21 PM »

I would, too!

Actually, I'd love to invite you all over.

But I can't. As I have no money.

Excluding Nick and Nick and Steve and Sean and Nathan and Isaac and Hannah.

You guys can come over whenever you want. As, like, you actually live around here. Smiley
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 08:45:55 PM »

Where are u, Ian, anyway? Like, seriously...if you're not that far... ^_^
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 08:46:42 PM »

What would you do if you found yourself on an island the size of a small dinner table in the middle of an unidentifiable ocean with nothing but a long piece of rope, two palm fronds, a beanie with propeller, and four hairs off the head of your best friend. (how you know they're from your best friend is irrelevant)"

Go insane from only having a beanie as entertainment, eat the hairs and the palm fronds, then probably strangle myself using the rope after going mad with insanity.

Sad.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 08:48:36 PM by Mrdodobird » Logged
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 08:47:28 PM »

Lol. you probably don't live around me. Nobody really does. Excluding a few.

I live up in the Seattle area. Nice place to visit. Very wet Smiley But if you're ever in the area, feel free to stop by and stay a while!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 08:47:47 PM by Mrdodobird » Logged
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 08:48:04 PM »

Wow, okay yeah, can't get much farther away from me without leaving the continental US, lol. Been there though Smiley Had a brother who used to live there... *cough* Sorry, please get back on topic.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 08:52:33 PM »

Hmmm....

I have some friends that are going to Seattle in a couple months.

I (sadly) am one of the few not going.

Instead, I get to stay home and babysit!!

Wow, this thread is popular!!

Ok, I'm going to answer Ian's and then continue to ask my own.

As for the Avalanche, I'm good at those.

First of all, you need boyancy to stay on top.  (snow is much like water when it's moving.)

Find a way to inflate the sleeping bag (if it's an arctic bag it likely has an airtight seal), then climb to the top of the nearby tallest tree.

Use strips of your raincoat to tie the bag onto your body (or to the backpack, and then put the backpack on) and wait.  Hopefully all goes well.

//had friends who died in Ave's.

---------------------

What would you do if you were attacked by a grizzly bear, and all you have with you is a long rotten stick, (many of them, since they're all around in the forests of Alaska) a knife, and a jar of honey/molasses.

EDIT:  Yeah Ian, if you need a bluescreened drunken man or something, I've got the bluescreen.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 08:53:27 PM by JohnMoore » Logged

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

NickKennedy88

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2005, 09:04:08 PM »

If i was attacked by a bear i would most likely die. But if the bear was after i made a pile of rottin sticks sat on top and covered myself in the honey/molasses, well then thats why i would be attacked by the bear. As for the knife i would eat it because im a robot.

What whould you do if you were punched so hard that you disappeared? Then later appeared in a differednt location?
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005, 09:08:56 PM »

I would become Bryan Harley and make more episodes.

(I take it you've seen superheroes?)

----------------------------

What would you do if your girlfriend ended up being just a gold digger? (pretend you're rich for a moment)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: