Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/cmaccqy9md3o/public_html/thebrbforums.com/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Always be Prepared

theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Always be Prepared  (Read 10965 times)
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« on: May 20, 2005, 05:30:35 AM »

Allright. Let's create an archive.

Or not, no skin off my teeth.

An archive of everything you should possibly bring "just in case" to a movie shoot (excluding the obvious camera/tripod/script tio of infamacy)

As people reply, I'll try to copy their answers up to this post, so we also have a "grand list".

I dunno if anyone else would use this, but I sure would.

I shall start with the classic....

=====================
Duct Tape                Mrdodobird
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 05:51:23 AM »

Headphones
=========================

....and here's a list of things I need for a shoot at the end of this month. Some of it may confuse you, so just ask.

I'm filming two scenes in a forest. One night and one day.

......I can't wait!

camera :nerd:  
W-A  lens
remote control
batteries
ma-100
XLR cable
softie
headphones
Shotgun Mic
mic clamp
paint  pole
tripod
dolly
4 planks
12 nails
2 site-lights
shower curtain
reflector
stills camera (b/w)
grad filter
big torch
duct tape
Director's viewfinder
Honda Generator
smoke machine  
smoke bombs
head cleaner tape
5 Tapes  
1000w bulbs

The only thing on the list that I need to get are the 4 planks - for the dolly to go on.

Cheesy  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 05:53:16 AM by KIRADOR » Logged
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 05:54:30 AM »

funk brings teh sammiches
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 05:55:39 AM »

Water.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 06:43:08 AM »

An umbrella
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 07:36:42 AM »

actors are always good...oh and a white cloth for white balance...

...and a notebook to keep track of shots so you don't have to search for them later...and did Funk mention sandwitches?
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 07:39:39 AM »

Comfortable shoes.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 08:59:23 AM »

A friend/assistant is nice.... just so you have someone checking everything as you go and they can help out if you are busy.

Be sure to check costumes, especially if they are just "normal" clothes. Make sure they match from the last shoots.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 09:15:20 AM »

Always bring lens cleaning supplies, a leatherman, and the beloved energy bars and XS snack combo.

(remember? on the phone?)

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

Administrator and Contest Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 10:32:18 AM »

funk brings teh sammiches
Great...you got enough for you and I, but what about for everyone else?  Cheesy  
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 11:05:30 AM »

extra tapes
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 11:16:31 AM »

Ah yes!!

Good call Dan.

And, Extra Batteries.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 01:19:35 PM »

A Swiss army knife.  B)  
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 03:32:34 PM »

More duct tape.  Cheesy

Oh, and if you have a contact list, of, like, everyone you know, bring that. And a cell phone. It shall save your life more than once (it has for me, anyway, or would have, if I'd had one).

And a baseball cap.

(If it starts to rain, most cameras look quite good under a baseball cap, witht he back viewfinder sticking out of the little "hole thing" in the back, and the brim sticking out over the lens. Great stuff)
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2005, 03:24:10 AM »

-Walkie-talkies are useful... like when you have actors on the other side of a lake and you need to direct them.

-A Spirit level <_<

-and some Canned-dust. It looks great, but cleaning the stuff up is a complete arse.  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: