theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Wright Films LOTR: FOTR Movie Online!  (Read 8720 times)
Blank avatar

wrightfilms2004

View Profile WWW
« on: May 03, 2005, 09:26:28 AM »

Hey,

I just thought I'd let everyone know that I now have some trailers and the whole LOTR movie that I did last summer online. Here's the links to the 3 trailers that are online:

Teaser Trailer
56K Dialup Real 10 Version
384K Broadband Real 10 Version

Trailer 1

Theatrical Trailer

I have also just gotten the whole movie uploaded. I will have it online for a limited time, so watch it while you can. Here's the links:

LOTR: FOTR Part 1
384K Broadband Ral 10 Version

LOTR: FOTR Part 2

I hope you all enjoy the movie and trailers. Let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 10:09:53 AM by wrightfilms2004 » Logged
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 09:30:33 AM »

Let's have a talk about file formats.  Realplayer = Bad.  Bad quality, bad player (unless you grab the Alternative player), bad compatibility.  I'd love to watch this, but I simply can't unless you put up something in (preferably) Quicktime Sorenson 3.  There's a reason that it's used for a large percentage of commercial/professional online video.
Blank avatar

wrightfilms2004

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 09:32:52 AM »

Yeah, I'd rather not use the Real 10 format, but it's the only way I know how to do streaming video. I'd prefer to use Quicktime or WM9, but I'm just not sure how to stream those files.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 09:41:04 AM »

Why would you want to stream in the first place?
Blank avatar

wrightfilms2004

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 09:52:13 AM »

Well, mainly to hide the video files so people can't download them. I'll probably use WM9 or Quicktime for my other movies, but this one we want to keep from being downloaded.
Blank avatar

KIRADOR

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 10:00:22 AM »

Why are you keeping it from being downloaded? :doh:  
Blank avatar

wrightfilms2004

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 10:09:19 AM »

Well, the main reason, is we don't want just anyone to have access to the file. Plus, it's not exactly legal to make a LOTR movie in the first place. And we used the LOTR soundtracks. But we are not selling the movie and made no profit on it, plus we're all under 18 so we didn't think anyone would have a problem with that. We did not violate the intent of the copyright laws either, which would be to keep other ppl from making money off of other ppl's ideas.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 10:18:03 AM »

Give me five minutes with your streaming files and I can get them onto my computer.  Streaming just makes it more difficult for people with slow connections to watch your flicks, and it's tougher on your bandwidth.  Don't worry about it.  If it's a parody, there shouldn't be any real problems.
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 10:31:37 AM »

Yes, I'll watch it if you change it to WMV or MOV...heck, even AVI or MPEG, whatever...but not RAM...I can't stand Real Media...

And just so we can't download it? Wow, cheeky, lol. It's not for profit, so it's not like you lose anything if we download it, lol.
Blank avatar

wrightfilms2004

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 10:39:58 AM »

Yeah, it's not a parody, so that's why we're being so careful. Me, my parents, the other producer's and their parents have all decided that we are going to be careful about what we do with the movie. The other producer's parents didn't even want the trailers online at first, but they've decided to let me put them up since I'm able to keep them from being downloaded, I think, lol. As for bandwidth, I won't be runnign out of that anytime soon. I've got 100GBs of bandwidth a month, so that's not a problem. So, watch it if you want. If you really don't want to use Real Player, I understand. I'd rather not use it either, but it's the only way I know how to stream media.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 10:53:31 AM »

I'd just get rid of the streaming altogether.  here's no difference in the longrun.  Basically, if you get caught, the worst you'll get (since you're not making any money) is a C&D.  
Blank avatar

wrightfilms2004

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 11:55:46 AM »

Yeah, I would do that, but I just remembered I don't have the movie files on my comp anymore. I've only got the movie on DVD, so I may not be able to get another version online. But, I will see what I can do.
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

Administrator and Contest Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 12:48:06 PM »

Just remember; everybody hates streaming films. I know I do.

I look forward to watching your flick.
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 01:33:41 PM »

I watched the first trailer and was actually interested. But I got an error trying to watch the others...no doubt from Real Player, since after the first error, Real Player wouldn't open anymore...

I hate that program, lol. But the Teaser Trailer was actually fun to watch...interested in seeing the movie as soon as you get it in a new format Smiley
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2005, 09:24:44 AM »

I completely agree with the above and I am also quite confident that if anyone actually wants the file then its easy to save it to a hard drive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: