Login | Register

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: *NEWS*  (Read 7953 times)
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 02:59:30 PM »

I would LOVE to see the full thing put together, with the deleted scenes.

That will be awesome.  I haven't seen the latest episodes, but I'm going to.

Seeing the whole thing put together will be great!

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 03:45:35 PM »

I didn't mean to come off too harshly and agree with John.

But.... still... be sure the compression is good.

Even 13X10mb = 130... probably like 150 in total with the deleted scenes and such.

Big file Wink

Anyway... it'll work out.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 05:00:29 PM »

Hmm....

Dan makes a point.  Consider having WMV as an alternative compression, as well as a larger quicktime file.

If you do, I'll love you.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 12:50:31 AM »

There are a couple options...

1. Get really used to good QT compression. Try Sor3, 25kb/s, 999keyframes, medium quality, IMA 4:1 audio @ 22k, mono.

2. You could actually reedit the entire thing, but leave it in chunks (that would play together, but are seperate) and then link them together using QT pro and having those who dload them be able to view them as a whole through a QT file that is really just codes telling it to play them all. This is kinda complex to deal with, but not that hard, really.
(Actually, I'm gonna try that quickly and see how it works Smiley )

Catch me on AIM and we can chat.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 01:17:21 AM »

Ok. I've given this a test run. I think this will work just fine.

This might be a bit more complex a project than you want to tackle, but at least the option is there.

To explain a bit about how it works... you can create a .mov file that just links to other media, in this case the individual episodes. It basically uses them as tracks.
The main catch is that you NEED the other files or it won't play... its just commands telling it what and when to play, not any actual content. You also need the files to be in the same directory as when this .mov was created.

I can explain more on the tech side of this later. But for now, why don't you just check out this file.

The .mov is attached, and here is what you need to do to play it:

1. Choose a folder to use for this. It might be best to create a new one if you want to avoid clutter. It doesn't really matter though.
2. Make sure that chapters 1-4 are in that folder (I only did ch1-4 for this test). They need to be the same files that I have, so use the compressed versions, from this thread. They also need the same filenames, "Chapter_1.mov" "Chapter_2.mov" "Chapter_3.mov" "Chapter_4.mov".
--Everything MUST match, exactly, and be in the same directory (folder).
3. Download the attached file ("hsafulllinked.mov") into (or move it into) that SAME DIRECTORY.

If EVERYTHING MATCHES, then when you open the file, it should play correctly as one file for episodes 1-4.

Notice that I cut off the intros/endings for these to enhance the flow. This is easy with QT pro used like this. Also notice the filesize of the .mov... its VERY low, 980k, in fact. It just contains codes to play files and nothing more.

Note: While I think that this will work and I have tested it before, there is a chance that something went wrong in this file or my method and it won't play. Let me know and I can try to figure out what's wrong. (It works on my computer, but it might not link up properly on yours.)
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2005, 01:27:43 PM »

The new trailer and poster are up now and are available for you. They both are for the new complete edition and reveal the NEW TITLE, so you'll want to check that out.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 01:43:56 PM »

Finally, the biggest HSA event of the year is hear. Go to the filmaking page to view the Star Reaper Crisis- the complete edition of the Han Solo Adventures. If you see anything at all of mine, see this one. It'll be worth it.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 02:17:57 PM »

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:  One year ago from today, the first chapter of this film series premired online and started the trend that would lead to the sucess that is the Han Solo Adventures today. Thus, I think today would be appropriate to tell you guys one last message- goodbye. You guys have been one of the greatest sources in help for this film and making it come out as good as it is. As I stated earlier, this is the end. This forum will no longer be posted in and will be shut down as soon as Daniel gets it down. However, this is not the last you'll see of me. A new stop-motion film from me is coming soon, and thus a new board. And, I'll post post in the BRB regularly, just like I always do. Once again, I thank you guys for all your support and hope that I at least one of you out there had a ball watching this.

May the Force be with you guys. Always.

Danny Mosier.
Mastermind behind the Han Solo Adventures.

ADMIN NOTE: As of now this forum is a readonly archive, and posting is disabled as the project is now complete.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 11:20:24 PM by djr33 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: