theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Finished Vinny Awards Video  (Read 2918 times)
Blank avatar

lilyofshallot

« on: April 04, 2005, 11:17:33 AM »

Some of you have already seen a clip from this.  I don't have my own web page so I'm just going to post it here for now and after a while I guess the administrators can delete it.  What do you guys think?
Blank avatar

lilyofshallot

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 08:23:47 PM »

I just realized that most of you probably wont be able to read that file.  Sorry about the resolution.  Quicktime doesn't  like me.  
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 01:53:57 PM »

It's good- just the acting isn't amazing. But when have educational movies had good acting?

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

lilyofshallot

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 05:09:26 PM »

Yeah.  Sorry, I'm not an actor.  I need to learn...  Anyone want to help me? lol
Blank avatar

lilyofshallot

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 04:07:58 PM »

Hey. My video won first place in the high school category and we also won Grand Prize!  We don't know what we are getting yet.  But still!  I'm excited!
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 04:33:41 PM »

Hey that was actually pretty good!  I can see how it won the Grand Prize!  I can easily see that (with a little bit more audio control) being aired on TV.  Easily.

Good luck to your acting and future productions!

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 04:59:17 PM »

That is quite easily the most awesome thing I've seen today.

A guy learning about fusion from a gas machine.

Consider my day made.

And the keying turned out nice too! The whole video flowed very well!  Cheesy  
Blank avatar

lilyofshallot

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 07:36:43 PM »

Thanks.  I'm glad you liked it!  

Audio is my weakest point.  I'm not good at it and I'm not sure how to learn more.  
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 08:05:51 PM »

I liked it because it seemed to be all fact (I would have liked more statistics) ...no lies...  Some of the speakers/characters seemed to be cut off too fast... I think that's why the audio sounded wierd...
Blank avatar

lilyofshallot

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 09:34:45 PM »

It could only be one minute so we had to cut out a lot.  We had some statistics before of how fast fossil fuel supplies are shrinking in comparison with the increase energy use of China and India.  Also, we talked more about the politics of the international project.  All on the cutting room floor Iím afraid.    Do you know how hard it is to explain nuclear fusion in only 1 minute? lol  I love a challenge.  
Blank avatar

lilyofshallot

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 09:35:25 PM »

Oh, and thanks for the comments guys.  I really appreciate it.  
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 10:18:18 PM »

short and sweet... nice keying Smiley
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

Administrator and Contest Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 07:54:12 AM »

Nice keying Daniel? See this is why I say you're no good with effects. Carrie pretty much told me herself that the keying wasn't any good. And yes, I agree with her. Maybe the compression didn't allow you to see the flaw. She gave me the uncompressed version (to use Sorenson Squeeze on) and I was right (as was she), the keying was bad.

She's very gifted but the problem was that she was using Final Cut to do the keying. And I always said that editing programs weren't meant to handle AE's job.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 08:00:58 AM by ObiJuan2080 » Logged
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 09:36:30 AM »

heh. ok.

I meant that the overall effect looked good. The compositing I suppose. The edges weren't perfect... but this isn't for an FX award and that was proved by it winning.... it was about content and the compositing really helped compositing.
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

Administrator and Contest Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 09:54:10 AM »

Well after seeing it enough times, I think I actually want to follow up on the progress of Fusion  Cheesy  Tongue  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: