theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideality Credits Submission  (Read 8866 times)
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« on: February 28, 2005, 05:40:51 PM »

Credits.

Yes, I know that it's early to be thinking about them, but it seems like I always forget someone by the time the movie is finally over. So I'm gonna start right now.

Now, I've never really been picky with the credits, or tried to be "professional". I mean, where else would you see Natural Lighting credited to God? My only criteria is really, "Don't forget anyone".

So if you want to be in the credits, just put your name as you would like to be credited as, and then everything you've done so far. I'll keep a master list up in this first post, and if I'm forgetting anything, just post it! It's that simple!  

Oh! And you don't have to just choose one thing. If you gave costuming suggestions, effects help, and other critiqueing, you can say all three! (You may want to come up with more official sounding names though. I mean, it doesn't really matter to me, but yeah)

Yup. It don't matter how little you helped. If you want your name in the credits, (and you contributed in any way (even just saying you didn't like it)) wsay it.

Ideality Credits

Directed by
IAN HUBERT & NICK LAFLEUR & NATHAN OQUIST

Screenplay
IAN HUBERT & NATHAN OQUIST
===============

Caden
IAN HUBERT

Sword
IAN HUBERT

Alexander
ISAAC OQUIST

Flint
NATHAN OQUIST

Angela
HANNAH PORTER

Janitor
NICK KENNEDY

Iron Daggonites
STEVE BYLSMA
JAN ALAMARES

News Reporter
NICK LAFLEUR

Hoverblimp Announcer
DANIEL ROSS

Alexander's Campaign Manager
CAPTAIN AWESOME

====================

Fight Instructor
ANDY RHODES

Fight Choreography
ISAAC OQUIST
IAN HUBERT
ANDY RHODES
STEVE BYLSMA
JAN ALAMARES

Stunts
US

Motion Tracking
IAN HUBERT
MURPHY

3d Concepts
AARON SORENSEN

Robot Spider Modelling Animation & Compositing
IAN HUBERT

CG Character Rigging
ANDY RHODES

CG Technical Advice
COLIN LEVY
ANDY RHODES
JUSTIN Z

Natural Lighting
GOD

Music Composer
JEREMY KRAKOWSKI

Intro Song Composer
LAWRENCE OQUIST

Sound Design
GARRY PINCHES
STEVE BYLSMA
IAN HUBERT

Compositing
IAN HUBERT
MURPHY

Freeway modelling
NATHAN OQUIST
ISAAC OQUIST
IAN HUBERT

Blimp Modelling
IAN HUBERT

Blimp Cockpit Modelling/
Texturing/Lighting/Rendering
MURPHY

Animated Concept Design
AARON SORENSEN

Freeway texturing
IAN HUBERT
NATHAN OQUIST
ISAAC OQUIST

Additional 3d modelling done by
Justin Jensen
Macouno Multi Media
Nick

(And I still have a lot to add, but I have a lot of homework. I shall finish all the other stuff soon) Shocked
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 09:42:00 PM by Mrdodobird » Logged
Blank avatar

ccfilms

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 06:07:55 PM »

If you want, you can put me as music composer.

Jeremy Krakowski
http://www.myspace.com/ccfilms' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/CCFilms
http://www.myspace.com/jaykrak' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/JayKrak - MUSIC MYSPACE
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 06:27:24 PM »

I was doing an update even as you posted Smiley  
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 07:09:46 PM »

You can put me in as 'Captain Awesome'.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 07:11:54 PM »

just put your name as you would like to be credited as

Or do you just wanna be called Funk, E?  
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 10:11:19 PM »

i am.... umm.... the guy who made the other movie! heh.

perhaps i'll do something at some point that will make me deserve some credit Wink

good luck organizing.... this is the one downside to lots of people helping Smiley
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 08:22:53 AM »

I don't really deserve any credit in the film as of yet, I've just given a little advice.

However, I just want to be called 'Captain Awesome'.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 12:44:12 PM »

Yeah. It's kinda up to you. I didnt' know if you'd be irked if I didn't put you as "Character Design" for your 5 leg suggestion (which has made animating the robot a living hell, but I'm lovin' it).

Wait, so you want the credit to be like this

Captain Awesome
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Or just say

"Assistant Character Design"
CAPTAIN AWESOME
?

Methinks I'm killing the joke. But actually I'm serious. Cause that would be awesome. THe credits are playing, and everyone's like, "Dude? Who's this 'Captain Awesome'?".  
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 12:57:47 PM »

I'm sure the five-legged thing IS a hell of a job.  I'm willing to help with anything at all you might need in the future, as well.

Anyway, I like this one best:

Captain Awesome
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Just because it's so damn ambiguous.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 01:21:24 PM »

Ambiguity is my middle name.

Actually, it's not. But it would be awesome. And I still need to change my last name from "Hubert" to "The Awesome"

So my name would be

Ian Ambiguity The Awesome

And I shall update the credits with the whole "Captain Awesome" thing as soon as I finish this message.

And Funk, you best be warned; I WILL take you up on your offer to help out. Smiley Starting right.... NOW!

I delegate to you the obligation of being awesome throughout the entire duration of the creation of this film. Failure to do so will result in foreclosure of your home, and death.
Oh, and do you (or anyone) have an idea of how to make a video look like it's shot on a giant video billboard? Like they have in Baseball stadiums? Not the giant lightbulb grid ones (we tried that effect, it worked realism wise, but was just too distracting) but the ones that are like a HUGE Bigscreen TV.

This is what it's for...

(Note: More images from Ideality can be vieweded on the Ideality Website of Ambiguity. It's true! I kid you not!

But yeah. I'm just wondering if we can figure out another way to do a big screen effect without actually showing the individual lights.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 01:22:28 PM by Mrdodobird » Logged
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 01:53:37 PM »

It's too sharp relative to the video, and the blacks seem a bit too black.
Blank avatar

ccfilms

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 02:07:50 PM »

yes, I actually read once in a tut by Daniel Broadway (pixelmagic dude from TFN) that when you put CG into DV (especially Digital8 like you use, Ian) that you need to add a bit of blur and noise to your composited CG. It just sells the fact that you actually shot the scene and your CG objects really ARE NOT CG. I mean, do you want people to know they are CG cuz of how sharp they are, or do you want your CG to be so well integrated that people go  :huh:  "is that real or CG". And while it seems like your breaking all the rules LOWERING the quality of your CG when you composite.....it's really for the best. It sells the look that it really WAS there and you didn't make it in CG (that's the look you want right? seamless integration?)

just a few nuggets of wisedom from an un-learned CG person. hehe.

EDIT: You add the blur and noise to the CG composite only, not the original footage. The point to seamlessly match the quality of the CG with the DV. Cheesy Here's the webpage that Dan made that talks about it: http://www.geocities.com/pixelmagic2002/Page4.html
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 02:11:43 PM by ccfilms » Logged

Jeremy Krakowski
http://www.myspace.com/ccfilms' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/CCFilms
http://www.myspace.com/jaykrak' target='_blank'>MySpace.com/JayKrak - MUSIC MYSPACE
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 02:17:37 PM »

Hmm... and I had even tried so hard to blur the billboard.

However, if you were only talking about then video ON the billboard, then yes. Cause that was just slapped on there to show you what I was talking about.

I do indeed blur and add grain, as seen on the billboard in this clip...
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 02:20:30 PM »

And yes, I know there's some subtle masking issues and stuff, but nothing you would really notice unless you go frame by frame.  
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 07:26:20 PM »

Try using the TVPixel plugin from Pete Warden's site.  It simulates the look of a TV.

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: