theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Contrary Bliss < My New Movie  (Read 2132 times)
Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« on: February 11, 2005, 07:30:53 PM »

Hey guys, i have just released my latest movie. Let me know what your thoughts are about it. Take care.

CONTRARY BLISS

CONTRARY BLISS < QUICKTIME 40 MB

Enjoy!  
Blank avatar

Fredrick Von Shwinkel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:02:16 PM »

I don't know what to say exceot...WHY THE HECK IS NO ONE ELSE GIVING FEEDBACK?!?

Onto the film:

The introduction was very professional looking, I'm so impressed there, Close ups of the pen jotting down and the girls eyes were perfecto...great choice of music as well.

The film started out very jaringly, the music was enigmatic - made you think of an adventure film obviously, but I really liked when you changed the tone...when maria entered the guys rrom in the "flashback"...great ambiguity there!! Intertwined with reality, impressed with this sequence. You had the flashback of Maria saying where she could go if she wanted to go anywhere she wanted, and the original introduction of maria, and then the voice over of Maria saying why she liked the island so much, that was well done (3 is a magic number). You developed her charecter well this way.

The best part in my oppinion was when the tone shifted to this mysterious...confusion. Basicly when he saw maria on the beach, fell, and combine with the music...deffenetly the turning point, best part of the film in my oppinion.

To offer some critical feedback...the confrontation between zack and Maria seemed a little off. Maria's charecter did a great job acting, but I felt like I needed more from Zack. The biggest problem I had with that scene though, was the change in feeling, It was too abrubt to go from the confusion and mystery of the 2 surfer guys who obviously recognized him, to a sad, heart broken ending... The way it was shot, the way it was put together wasn't bad...but the timing, the need for more, and the music made it seem sappy. It just didn't work for me. Then We lead into the looooong flashback and recap of events. I felt it was 2 long, I didn't need to see all that again, especially him walking to the airplane, again just to stress this the images at the end were put together very nicely...but they just didn't fit the best with the  rest of the film.

Overall...I am massively impressed, that is a great freaking film man. Where are you from??? You really captured me in some of those shots. Loved watching it, deffenetly worth saving on my hardrive. +++++  Cheesy

Anyone else have thoughts???

A man wakes up after a horrible acc!dent and says ìDoctor doctor, I canít feel my legs!î to which the doctor replies ìI know you canít, I cut off your arms.î

oooh...

I <3 GoogleBot
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 09:33:21 PM »

Yet again do you blow my mind, Rabbath!

And yes, Fredrick Von Shwinkel, it's something we all kinda need to work on. Making reviews, that is. I mean, we're a movie-making forum for goodness sakes!

As usual, I was gripped by the intro. Very awesome.

I love the slamming window transition!

As far as cinematography goes, excellent. I love it! Very beautiful.

But yeah. Actually, I'm confused. As in, I don't get it. Hopefully it's just me not understanding it, or missing something. Which happens, but it seems as if the fact that he keeps coming back is never explained. I mean, does he KNOW that he keeps coming back? Or does he have a memory block or something?

Very intense and mysterious though. As the guy is like, "Maybe I don't WANT to help you, " I was like, "What the heck? This is gettin' good!" Made me keep watchin', to find out what was going on (Sadly, I never did, but still...)

But yeah. TOTALLY awesome. Great music. It fit the movie and what was happening perfectly!

Yeah, you probably could have been a bit more rutheless when it came to editing, but hey, it worked! I loved it!

Oh, and Nick, I mean... Fredrick Von Shwinkel... check out the rest of Rabbath's website! He's got a ton of awesome stuff there. It blows my mind!

Sweet! I must now watch it again.  
Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 02:40:18 PM »

thx for the great reviews guys. I got a lot of bad reviews on this film over at Np2k. But its cool. Oh and Fredick, i am from Tallahassee FL, and here is my site http://www.fcrabbath.com . take care guys  Cheesy  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: