theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S.1: Spider Attack  (Read 4394 times)
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« on: September 30, 2005, 08:19:46 AM »

Well. We filmed the scene, like, 4 months ago, and I'm only now finishing up the effects. I haven't even started the sound effects yet, which will be key. Hopefully they'll turn out nice.

I'm gonna go on a sound finding mission fairly soon. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

You know, good sound suggestions. Yeah.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 08:50:08 AM »

A soundeffect list might help a bit more?
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 10:16:44 PM »

True.

But in all honesty, it's pretty general. Mechanical sounds, really.

Like some cars have those trunks that open with hydraulics or whatever. Those sound cool.

Or the electric windows opening. Just whatever.  
Blank avatar

ssjaaron

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 07:53:08 AM »

Hey i have alot of great sounds so when you get on AIM ill just send you them  :peace:  
Blank avatar

ssjaaron

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 01:59:30 PM »

oh also Ian you should have for the final blow it way more dramatic! for example you dont want to be so suppirior to the spider robot, you have to get like wasted. thrown into walls or throw them. jumping building tops. you know! then Sword is all bleeding and tired, cloths are ripped up then he starts figures out its weekness some how and makes a final charge twords the robot. by jumping a building gap, and while doing so the robot spider jumps to. so they are going to meet in the air. and then it goes kinda slow motion, and the robot pulls out its guna and fires, but wait Sword cuts the bullet in half and makes a final slash *SHWING*! (a flash of light) and sword lands on the other building and falls (so you think i lost) but you see in the back ground the robot land and then it starts to turn around and it head falls of and it blows up! to me thats alot more dramatic and suspense full! i can mabey try a concept and film it in front of a green screen and animate a CG robot. ill try it.
well tell me what you think? :peace:  
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 02:35:54 PM »

Well, uh, he DID already shoot it.

Anyway, I'll try and figure out some ways to get some neat mechanical-y effects.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 05:21:11 PM »

Some ideas, since I'm in my kitchen at the moment, waiting for a pie:

1:  Open/close a vegetable steamer:

Slow down the sound, add some chorus, flange, reverse it, whatever.  Lower the pitch, toy with as you see fit.  Could make interesting 'reveal' noises--the gun, that sort of thing.

2:  Hit spoons of varying size together.  Toy with results.  (from here on in, you can assume that 'toy with results' is added after every suggestion.)  Impact sounds, obviously.

3:  Slide the serrated edges of two knives against eachother.  Not sure what this could be used for, but it sure sounds neat.

4:  Scrape the point of a knife along the inside of a large pot/saucepan.  Makes for neat scrapy noises, which may come in handy since Sword has a sword.

5:  Corn starch/flour in a bag is your friend for crunchy noises, if anything's getting crushed.  Just squish it around inside the bag, you'll hear it.

That's all I've got so far, just brainstorming.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 05:21:56 PM by Funk, E » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: