theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DeusEx Short Sequence  (Read 5565 times)

Shadowbeast

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »

Hello there me wee little laddies,

Just came back here and would like to say that I'm glad this forum is back up and running again. Smiley

And now, I have been making a short CG video called DeusEx Short Sequence for quite a while now that had a thread on the previous BrB forum but it seems to have been delted since then. But now I am now in need of voices, rough American voices to be precise and I would rather not use my strong British accent.

For those of you who do not know of my film it is based on the classic computer game called 'Deus Ex' and I am making it in the style of CG anime, I've been working on it now for a while now and it is almost finished just need to finish adding in the sound effects and voices, which is where you lovely people come in!  Grin

Here are the lines that need to be recorded if anybody wants to give it a try -

------

CHOPPER PILOT-
1. Remember! You’ve only got three minutes until those terrorists execute the hostages and blow up the subway station. Good luck.

TERRORIST LEADER-
1. There’s still time. (soothing)
2. There’s still time. (angered)
3. Ok that’s enough. Get those hostages off the train.

TERRORIST1-
1. There not going to give in to our demands.
2. We should kill the hostages and leave now, while we can!
3. Come on!
4. Where the hell are …

TERRORIST2-
1. There all yours if your bored.
2. Did those government soldiers show my family any courtesy when then they broke into my home and slaughtered them!
3. I hate rats, dirty things.
4. Aah man, there’s blood all over my gun.

TERRORIST3-
1. Haven’t you ever heard of common courtesy?
2. I guess not.
3. I’m gonna go take a leak; try not to maim anything while I’m gone.

-----

And here are a few teaser shots for you all to take a looksy at.

If you have any questions then please ask  Grin

Cheers!

Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 09:37:52 AM »

Glad to see you're still working on this. I remember the old thread. Since then I actually bought Deus Ex the game. It's a lot of fun but I haven't gotten through it yet with school and my own film being extremely distracting. Do you still need the voices? I doubt my own voice would be suiting of terrorists but I could give it a go.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 12:43:01 AM »

I'll give the voices a try, too, if you need 'em.
Any particular sort of accent/tone you need? I'm not familiar with the style, but I can try a few different things. Would a mix of accents be good or do you want them consistent?

Shadowbeast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 09:06:05 AM »

Hey there, didn't notice anyone replied to this thread :p
Since I posted that thread I am about 99.99999% completed with this film, however if you feel you could really do some nice voices then I would be happy to hear them. and possibly replace some of the other voices I already have.

The kind of accents I was looking for were American since these terrorists were actually supposed to be american citizens who got angry (theres a really deep backstory with the NSF or North Sessesionist Force that is really interesting :p)
So if you can do an american accent with a slighty gruff tone to it that would nice and I will surely give it a listen.

Cheers mates Cheesy

Shadowbeast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 01:07:18 AM »

Well Ladies and Gentlemen I believe I have finally finished this short film of mine! Grin

You may all go take a looksy at it over on my website at http://www.lightsage.net/gallery-deusexss-film.htm which has a nice medium quality MOV version uploaded.
Or if you prefer you can view it on YouTube at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wWvGRTdACNo where you can also leave a comment or two.
If you would like a high quality version that can be aranged by emailing me or PMing me.

So yeah, I hope you all enjoy 'DeusEx Short Sequence' and I hope it inspires you to all go out and buy the game yourself!  Cheesy

Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 06:33:37 AM »

I've defiantly done that level this movie's based on  Grin I highly enjoyed this sequence, very much especially since I've played the game. All the designs in this were spot on (especially the environments) and the way the level played cinematically was very nice. Love the use of the main character's (forget his name!) different weapons. It's a great little bit at the end when the explosion makes you not sure if the terrorist got to the bomb and blew the train up or the main dude stopped him.

While non players of the game may just enjoy the cool animation, I appreciate it a whole lot more for its closeness to the source and as a great little film. Which is what fan filming is all about.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: