theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: First episode released  (Read 16392 times)
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2006, 07:20:41 PM »

Haha! Phew! And glad you guys enjoy the higher quality.

A 4 day weekend is coming up, along with, you know, Summer, so in a few weeks we're gonna kick this thing into overdrive.

Of course, Summer's gonna be difficult, as pretty much everyone in this has or will have a job... can't think of anyone who absolutely wont.

And, of course, there'll be vacations. and lots of other things.

In fact, it'll probably be more difficult to film during summer... but at least the oportunities may be longer.

w00t.  
Blank avatar

NickKennedy88

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2006, 08:15:52 AM »

i saw it on big screen. like sbfp X 100. yum
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2006, 05:13:34 PM »

Haha. That showing was sweet.

Sadly, the projector caused it to be washed out, low contrast, desaturated, the 16:9 was cut to 4:3 (though I should have checked on that one), and it was a bit out of sync, that, and we weren't able to get a new version. So it was a week old.

It pained me.

But yeah! It was pretty sweet! There were some awesome films at that festival.  
Blank avatar

DavidHeustis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2006, 04:21:13 AM »

Is it at all a coincidence that the newly compressed versions of the movie are three seconds shorter, making the length of the movie 13:37?

Ha!
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2006, 05:11:52 AM »

DUUUDE!

My subconcious is WAY cooler than I am. Cheesy
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2006, 11:35:52 AM »

Tee hee Smiley And was it just me, or did XviD have some syncing problems? At random places in the clip, it'd unsync, then jump ahead a few frames to sync back up. I've never had that problem with files MUCH larger (on the other of 400-500 MB) and had no syncing problems.

Just interesting *shrug*

Much more fun watching in higher quality though. And I realized what I didn't like about the first time you see the ship, raising to the hanger, turning, so they can get in...it's too fast. You should've slowed it down and made it a bit more "cinematic". Yea, that's definately what I didn't like about it...

Other than that, teh cool Smiley
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2006, 04:28:28 PM »

Psh, you're just an effects junkie. Smiley Though yeah, the door had little emphasis.

Actually, most of the movie is kinda designed for a "second viewing" type thing. Things that dont' entirely make sense. Like Sir William's little gurgle at the beginning. Makes no sense, really, until you watch the whole thing (and maybe not even then), but then you're like, AH! It was the little robot!

Dang! That sync problem... so far you and John have both mentioned it.

Fortunantly Funk didn't have any problems, but definitely something worth looking into.  
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2006, 04:51:04 PM »

:raises hand:

I had no sync problem

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2006, 09:20:14 PM »

Yeah, and mine seem to be resolved with updating codecs and videocard adapters.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2006, 09:26:15 PM »

Yeahoo!!!!!

Well. Second episode is well under way, along with hardcore spaceship chase for the third.

Oh my.  
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2006, 01:21:48 PM »

Sorry that I just got around to seeing it. I always knew it was going to be nothing but amazing. I was right. You did an excelent job with this one. As with all films there were some things you might've fixed but they were all very minor in this one. I await the next one with great anticipation.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: