Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seven  (Read 2964 times)

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2006, 07:24:22 PM »

I had an idea at work the other day, and I wanted to post it here for two reasons:
1. to remind myself what it was.
2. because it might increase the chance of me actually doing it.

The idea originated when I read Proverbs 6:16-19.  It lists 7 things that are detestable to the LORD (other versions us the word "abomination").  I formed a vague  idea in my mind about making a film of a man breaking all 7 items.

It just happens that I just finished The Oath by Frank Peretti.  For those of you that have read it, you will understand my next paragraph.  For those that haven't, READ IT!

Any who, the idea I had was to merge The Oath and Proverbs 16.  Follow a husband that breaks the seven items, and as he does so, a sore over his heart forms.  The sore gets worse as he keeps sinning, and finally black slime starts to come out of the sore.  Finally, one night he breaks down and starts to "confess his sins" by loudly shouting them to everyone, as he wonders into Old Town to never be seen again...

If you haven't read The Oath, that doesn't make any sense, but for those readers out there, it will.

Any who, just wanted to post this here...

Matthew

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;  I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked....
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;  then I understood their final destiny....
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
~Psalm 73

"If Shakespeare wrote 'your' when he should have written 'you're' you'd look for a deeper meaning, irony perhaps. When I write 'your' when I should write 'you're' I just look like a retard." ~Hurleyman

"Jesus kicks my face."
kicks my face, verb: anything that rocks, inspires, and sustains all that you are
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 09:07:29 PM »

There already was a movie based on the seven deadly sins, y'know.  And it's a brilliant movie.  You'll probably want to find a way to really distance yourself from it, content-wise.

It's called Seven.

The other part of the flick sounds a little bit like Tetsuo: The Iron Man, except without all the penis stuff.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 09:24:58 PM by Funk, E » Logged

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 04:36:29 AM »

Ya, I had heard about Seven but haven't seen it yet... I guess I should see that first... lol.

Matthew

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;  I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked....
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;  then I understood their final destiny....
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
~Psalm 73

"If Shakespeare wrote 'your' when he should have written 'you're' you'd look for a deeper meaning, irony perhaps. When I write 'your' when I should write 'you're' I just look like a retard." ~Hurleyman

"Jesus kicks my face."
kicks my face, verb: anything that rocks, inspires, and sustains all that you are
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: