theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Concept Scene Released  (Read 4113 times)
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« on: April 20, 2006, 09:51:49 PM »

So, this was kinda already in the trailer, but here's a concept scene for SBFP

Click here!

We shot this during the trailer, thinking it may become applicable later, but due to costume changes and the like, it wont be.

But it's still been released, and it's a fun clip.

Actually, this is more of a giant experiment with streaming. WOOO!!!!!

It worked.  
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 10:05:49 PM »

I accidentally got to the link to the trailer first, and, just so you know, your code is slightly off... the bottom of the controls are cut off.
In your <embed> tag for the QT movie, your height should equal "movieheigh+16" 'cause the bar is 16 tall.

Now on to the clip Smiley

Your line about martha stuart is great. (Guess)

Fun scene. Audio at the start was a bit weird... but probably not perfected as it's just a text.

Smiley

Still thinking coding... working on coding myself at the moment... it is possible to download the file still. You said "experiment with streaming"... if you mean embedding, works great. If you mean stopping people from donwloading 1. not possible and 2. easy to get around the way you're doing it.
Edit: nevermind... you have a download to your computer link... cool.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:06:44 PM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »

Actually, I have a link there in case people want to download it. Cheesy Not trying to make them not Wink

But sweet about the movieheight+16! I was wondering about that.

Huh.... I'll have to check the links.

Wait... did you click the link referring back to the "Concept Trailer" page? Cause ethat would do it.

I'll either get rid of that, or make it look less like "The link"
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 10:10:29 PM »

It's the first thing, it's yellow, and it seemed to be calling me "click me... click me... click me..." Tongue
Yeah.... I clicked the wrong link... didn't read carefully.

Just find the <embed .... height=""> and fix that... both pages, btw.
note: 16's always worked for me, but I haven't done that in a while, and the bar height could have changed... that'll most likely work... if not, play with the numbers a bit.
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 03:32:48 AM »

Wow! That's beautiful Ian...

Mmm Hmm

Totally loved it =P

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 07:52:12 AM »

I like it, compression was ehh, but it was good. Only thing I didnt like was a lot of the scenes had some audio noise in the back(that annoying hiss). Not sure if your going to fix that, but If you want me to, I can fix it for you...ask Dan, I did it for him aswell.

Nice though, just think the audio should be fixed a bit, and one scene, where they run out of the shot to head towards the ship or whatever was held out like 1 1/2 seconds to long...but it was really good!
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 08:26:15 AM »

It made me chuckle, indeed.

I must say though Ian, if you were to tune down the "spastic" nature of your characters, your movies would be drop dead amazing. Keep the humor, but I find subtle humor more funny than being spaztic (hence why I hate Will Farrell *sigh*).

If all the lines weren't shouted or spoken really loudly (save the "Do you think that's normal!?!?!" which was quite funny...) it'd be funnier.

Nice opening camera move, btw...how many tries to get that one? Smiley
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 10:58:16 AM »

Hah. Good call.

You're right, and fortunantly, we filmed this scene before the hours and hours we spent on character development Cheesy we filmed it back in November, and REAL filming didn't start for 2-3 months after.

Haha. Actually, we got that camera move on the first try (though motion stabilizing helped)

The loud voices were also cause we were using the in-camera mic, and we didn't know how much it would pick up ambient background noise.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 04:17:55 PM by Mrdodobird » Logged
Blank avatar

flickdirector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 04:11:19 PM »

haha awseome i enjoyed it  

Lucks End- Current
TS06 -     October 2006
Fanboys- November 2006
Eight13 - Sometime in 07
Pages: [1]
  Print