theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My latest work....  (Read 2888 times)
Blank avatar

Tyler

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2006, 07:12:29 AM »

Well, as a composition major, I got to premiere one of my newest compositions at my university's New Music '06 concert!  I figured I'd share it here.  It's not really a film cue, but more of a concert piece.

Let me warn you, the saxophonist wasn't that good, and he did the best he could.  So some of the high notes are a little...questionable.  Also, the cadenza was a little on the slow side.  But enjoy it nonetheless!

Rhapsody for Alto Saxophone and Piano

Smiley

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3534/fakecello4qp.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
An IMDb user praising this "diverse" and "complex" music:
"Look at the incredible variety of themes he does - from Gladiator, a masterpiece, to Matchstick Men, a fun, jazzy style, then Pirates - a theme that moviegoers (however musically inclined they may be) will never forget. These scores are not only more diverse, but more complex as well."    :-\
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 10:03:24 PM »

Cool stuff. I can imagine that fitting an older-style movie... noir, classic-look, or something like that... maybe a musical (one of the parts where they aren't singing).

Good luck in the concert...
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 12:35:32 AM »

Dude!

I love it!

I'm amazed at all the different styles you guys can compose in! This fits perfectly!

The piano, everything.

Man. Amazing.  
Blank avatar

Tyler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 11:16:31 AM »

^Wow, thanks guys!

djr33, I know what you mean about the noir stuff.  If I have to compare it to a soundtrack, I'd say it has a bit of "Catch Me if You Can" in it.

Not that I'm one to copy John Williams' work!  That wasn't my intention, lol.

I wish I could devote my time to some of the film score oppurtunities here, but my studies are really crazy right now.  I haven't even taken Film Score at my university, lol.  But one day....    

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3534/fakecello4qp.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
An IMDb user praising this "diverse" and "complex" music:
"Look at the incredible variety of themes he does - from Gladiator, a masterpiece, to Matchstick Men, a fun, jazzy style, then Pirates - a theme that moviegoers (however musically inclined they may be) will never forget. These scores are not only more diverse, but more complex as well."    :-\
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 10:06:37 PM »

Dr. Thompson on saxophone?? Questionable?? Never...

I love this piece though, only two qualms:

- The recording is mediocre, at best

- The gosh freakin a piano lid was down!!!!!!

Other than that, awesome piece Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: