theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iaaaaan....  (Read 5365 times)
Blank avatar

Miszou

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2006, 02:08:41 PM »

n.....e....e.....d

a.............

v.............

i..............

Otherwise I'm spinning my wheels here, and I'll make the entire soundtrack dance music if I don't get the .avi soon.  Smiley  
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:10:31 PM by Miszou » Logged
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 02:16:29 PM »

Still working on it. Hopefully you'll have that by tomorrow, and the one letter thing will be sent.

Do I send two copies to one of you, then the second one mails it to the third? I forgot...

Anyone have any tips for AVI compression out of AE? My attempts = highly feeble.  
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:17:54 PM by Mrdodobird » Logged
Blank avatar

Miszou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 02:24:15 PM »

Sorry, I know next to nothing about video compression, so any tips from me would be not good to listen to. Really, all I need is a .avi, mpg, or .wmv that will play in the FL video player (preferably not with the codec that makes Windows Media blow up), so I have something to sync the music to.

Will called that he gets to be the second person in the chain, so you would sign all three copies, send them to him, he would sign all three, send them to me, and then I would sign and send you guys each one copy. (Meaning I have to spend the most on postage... <_< )

Hey, get on AIM some time soon, I have to ask you about something...
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 03:05:29 PM »

Try using WMV or DivX Ian...

That should work...

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

remember, Ian, it can look ugly, but doesn't really matter 'cause timing is the important part... I can't get good looking avi's, but they do work for composers.
Good luck...
Blank avatar

Miszou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 07:34:27 PM »

Any progress?
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 07:47:17 PM »

It's kinda either I got it or I don't.

I spent all last evening (well, everything before 11) working on it. Still no progess. Greg should get the letters in a couple days, though.

It's times like this that I really wish I knew someone who knew After Effects besides me. Gah.  
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 09:50:47 PM »

I know AE.

...a bit.

/unhelpful Smiley
Blank avatar

Miszou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 09:26:27 PM »

Soooo Ian any progress/anti-progress?

I know SBFP is a little more fun to work on, but there's still a little thing entitled "Ideality" sitting out there waiting to be finished. I've got a couple music parts pretty much done, but a working movie file would help very much in speeding that process along. :blink:

Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 09:39:24 PM »

I worked on it for about 3 hours today Cheesy
And I finally got it.

And the power flickered. So I had to turn off the comp

And since it takes 2 hours to render stuff, I didn't feel like rendering anything else till tonight.

All that said... You should have it by tomorrow at noon!!! Cheesy
Blank avatar

Miszou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 07:33:03 PM »

How're the first couple sections of avi's going? I want to get this thing done. :cool:  
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 07:39:34 PM »

did he get you any of it yet?!?!?!

Blank avatar

Miszou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 08:48:34 PM »

Kinda. I've got a good start on most of the important cues, but both me and Will are having trouble with Ian's .mov codecs that he uses. We can't get the video to load in our sequencers, which makes it rather annoying/difficult to try to cue the music to the video. I finally got the Ideality movie w/ timecode the other day, and getting the first couple .avi pieces of the film should speed up the process even more.
Blank avatar

Miszou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 04:29:51 PM »

Hey there Ian. When you get time these are the other divisions that we'll be needing (preferably with audio. Wink I posted them here for reference.

0 - 4:50

9:55-15:20

16:55-22:40

22:40-29:00 (this is going to be the fun one)

29:00-34:00

34:00 - end

I've got all the cues done with that section you already sent me. Will is almost done with the intro piece.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: