theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: So I got a job  (Read 7906 times)
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2006, 06:31:06 AM »

Alrighty, if you don't know, I have a job at a little pizza place called "Papa's Pizza to go" only making 6 bucks an hour. I only work 3 hours a day and it's about 20 minutes from me... So basicly I'm paying for gas... really making no profit..  Also it's fast food... and it's my first time workin in a food place and hopefully will be my last. Well I've been looking for a new job and it just so happens I'll get a good one XD

Ok, so here's what happened... I made a Demo Reel, right? Yes.. Yes I did.
I gave it to a place called "Create a Video"... They take old pictures and turns them into video's and also editted home made films and things of the sort. ANYWAY! I got a job offer there... Mmm bop!

Funny, I made this Demo Reel last night and now I've already gotten a job offer..

Funny because last night I was talking to Casey [good friend o mine] about how I need a new job and she said she would pray that I could get a new one soon (as pizza isn't freakishly exciting)... And then today this falls into my lap... Crazy stuff... Totally thank God for it, as it's totally awesomely amazing ;p

Making 8 bucks an hour too.. which isn't bad for the thing I love doing =D! And also taking into consideration that I'm only 16.. and that I'm making 6 an hour now =X

Anyway... That's about it.. I'm happy =DDDDDD

So I thought I'd share and stuf..

Mmm Tsss Mmm Tsss Mmm Tsss Mmm Tsss  

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 09:01:15 AM »

Fun. I don't have a job. Darn.
Have fun Smiley
Blank avatar

Sage

Administratah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:20:20 AM »

Cool.  Congrats, also.

I've never worked fast-food in my life.  Never worked in any food establishment, for that matter.  Just never seemed very...  appealing.

Sage H.

Don't make me destroy you.  And stuff.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/rogue_09/mWo.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

ssjaaron

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 11:20:16 AM »

congrats! your first film job of maney!  Cheesy
Ya ever since I did one film job I now have worked with maney different film companies. like
JTV productions (here in utah work with channel 5 news)
Copper Rain productions ( made a commerical which aired on tv)
check it out! http://www.copperrain.com/04.3%20Broadcast_files/ink%208.mov
Hale Storm (a utah film company)
And I currently work at and with
Blair Treu * Treu Productions* (a disney director here in utah)
Going to work with
TV show I dont know the name (but I am doing graphics for the intire show, and they are buying me AE 7)
LDS motion picture studios ( working on a book of  mormon war movie)

So as you can tell this is really just the beging for you and same with me aswell. good luck!
-Aaron
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:13:50 PM »

Wow! hot aaron, the .mov file didn't work for me though =X

Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 12:20:56 PM »

Its better than where I work....I hate chuck e cheese...
Blank avatar

ssjaaron

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 12:42:27 PM »

Ya the movie is having problems, it would be best to Download it and play it in a VLC player or another player.
-Aaron
Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 01:23:16 PM »

Ya the movie is having problems, it would be best to Download it and play it in a VLC player or another player.
-Aaron
I have 3 jobs. And im still poor.
Blank avatar

Sage

Administratah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 03:53:15 PM »

Just got off the phone with my company's home office.  I was informed that I just got a raise.  'Tis a good day!

:woot:

Sage H.

Don't make me destroy you.  And stuff.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/rogue_09/mWo.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

Alex_C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 11:28:30 AM »

I got a riase recently. I"m getting $11.60 an hour (Canadian) but it's good enough for me. I also enjoy my job as an apprentice electrician. Never had a job in the film or fast food industries.
Blank avatar

Rico

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 05:46:01 PM »

I also enjoy my job as an apprentice electrician.
Ohh... That'll serve you nicely when you break into this film sh*t.  Try not to forget any of that, and see if you can get your boss to teach you how to tie-in.

- Rico

We're doing fine on the One and Nine line.
-- The Beastie Boys; "An Open Letter to NYC"

Blah, blah, blah... Yorksnob.
-- Zep
Blank avatar

durbnpoisn

Administrator & Tech

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 06:55:37 PM »

I've never seen you before, so you likely have not heard this story.

When I was about 23 or so, I was delivering food for this place...  I deliver to a video company.  This guy has got new equipment out the yinyang.  So, I say, "Do you know how to work with all this?"  He says, "Well, no..."  So, I offered to do some training with him, since I had some experience in the area.

After about 2 hours, he says, "dude...  Why don't I just pay you to do the work."

Next thing I know I'm working as an animator for this video company.  From that job, I got experience After Effects, Photoshop, Bryce, and some non-linear editing.  I literally built a career off of it!  I'm 36 now, and am making more money than a lot of folks will see in 3 years.  And I attribute the bulk of it to having gotten a chance from this one guy.

Never underestimate the power of opening your mouth and offering your knowledge up.  You'd be surprised how things can work out for you.

And as such, I applaud your story and wish you the best of luck!

In related news:  One of my better freelance clients right now, I got because the production company of the children's show I spoofed in one of my films, saw it and loved it.  I've had a good relationship with them ever since, and am now working with them to maintain their web site.  Again...  You never know what may happen when you put yourself out there...

Blank avatar

Alex_C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 01:52:57 PM »

That's an awesomer story/job than mine. I just work for my dad.
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 06:34:42 PM »

That's a pretty awesome gig....

I haven't told anyone on these forums, but I got an offer out in Cali to work for a company called "Chiat Day" which edits film... mostly commercials, they do all the sony commercials (PS2 and PSP, its like portibal carpet dude) and Mac (iPod dancing around stuff and what not)...

It's awesome... I haven't posted on it, cause it was A HUUUUGE deal and I didn't wanna type about it...

But if ya wanna read on my blog about it it's awesome.

linkage

(Its a few blogs down, the Cali one)

Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 06:43:25 PM »

I read that a while back, awesome stuff

Still working at Chuck E. Cheese...
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: