theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DiskFactory.com DVD Reproduction.  (Read 6287 times)
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2006, 03:44:21 PM »

So, once upon a long time ago, I looked up my favorites, and found a link to a website, then called something else that I don't remember, that would reproduce DVD's for really cheap.

Now, it's called DiskFactory.com, and they do it even cheaper.

WATCH ME OPEN ONE!!

Each of these DVD's costs a dollar and sixty-nine cents.  1.69.  Wow.  Nice.

I'm hyped. //Ian

So, yeah.  Download the video of me opening one.  It's sweet.  Not me, the one.  The true one.  Yess....  The one of which I opened.... one.  One I opened.  THE one, I opened.  Watch the one.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 03:44:59 PM by JohnMoore » Logged

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 03:51:07 PM »

Cool. I like the idea... will keep them in mind if I need some.
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 04:18:24 PM »

AHAHAHAHA...I just noticed who you sound like...Jeff Goldblum...Ian Malcolm on Jurassic Park...expessially at about 1:30 when you say wooow, haha...

On a serious note...they are now bookmarked, heh.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 04:37:26 PM »

You know what starwalker:  You're absolutely right.

That's just scary.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 04:42:35 PM »

No, I love his voice...its so ...unique but your isnt...because well, he's older than you, making his voice original, and yours...well not, thats copyright infringment you know? Tongue
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 04:47:27 PM »

I think this, "Opening Stuff" video theme recently should become more common than it is.

But what I REALLY want to see is the... you know... movie Cheesy
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 05:06:06 PM »

lol.  The documentary isn't finished yet, but the DVD will include the tour.

The tour is just a 12 minute video I did for Leonard, at Leonard's command.  He liked it, so we made a thousand copies of it.

It turned out well.

You're right, I should post it sometime...

Starwalker:  HA!  Infringement...  Better sue God, it's his fault.  Tongue

Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 05:36:28 PM »

I think this, "Opening Stuff" video theme recently should become more common than it is.

I did one of me opening Oblivion a few weeks back, but didn't show it on this forum..

I should just for the heck of it.

Anyway, I have access to 19 DVD burners (thanks to me Madre, don't ask), so I wouldn't need to buy 'em... but still, pretty snazzy

EDIT: After seeing that video, nevermind... It's high quality with litteral printed into the DVD cover instead of paper... now THAT is hot
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 05:43:29 PM by Magus » Logged

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

rogue_09

Administrator?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 06:18:16 PM »

Note, Magus, that one of their services is printing on blank DVDs for you.  It's cheaper, so you could have blanks printed up for you to use in the burners you have access to.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 06:28:19 PM »

That's a good point, Rogue.

The only difficulty with that is the compliance to the Red Code.  These will play in 99 percent of the DVD players in America.  That's pretty good, IMO.

But you are right.

Blank avatar

rogue_09

Administrator?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 07:23:30 PM »

Yeah, it would totally be worth it for me to have them do the burning too.  I thought I'd point it out for those just looking for high quality disc printing.
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 06:36:20 AM »

Yeah, I'd rather have 'em do the whole thing than have me just burn it on a DVD-R or something.

And I'm lazy  Cheesy  

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

Administrator and Contest Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 10:14:27 AM »

Holy Crap, Julia Roberts's Brother made a vid explaining how to open those DVDs just for us!

Marketing rocks!
Blank avatar

StarmanSkywalker

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 11:33:04 AM »

I had to think of you as Norman Bates (Anthony Hopkins) all the time. See the resembence?  Wink

Great video, very informative (never knew menues wouldn't work due to paper disc covers) and very sexy (you licking your finger trying to scratch the disc cover off. :lol:  
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 03:18:23 PM »

Juan:  :lol:

Starman:  Yeah, the paper labels are very heavy, and while it doesn't bother a full length video (the DVD player can get the disc spinning) it does screw up animated menus about 50 percent of the time, because it can't get it spinning fast enough soon enough.  Does that make sense?  ( I didn't think so....)

L8r!

~ John.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: