theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Poll
Question: What do you do?
Wireless Mouse and Keyboard - 2 (11.1%)
Wireless Mouse, Wired Keyboard - 5 (27.8%)
Wired Mouse, Wireless Keyboard - 3 (16.7%)
Wired Mouse and Keyboard - 8 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wired or Wireless?  (Read 8368 times)
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2006, 02:25:36 PM »

Do you use a wireless keyboard, mouse, or both?  Or are you wired...  And why?

Speak up!

Personally, I use a wired Saitek Eclipse Keyboard, and a Wireless Logitech MX700 mouse.   :nerd:

I used to use a wireless logitech keyboard, and it had some pretty sweet extra buttons, but it was a flimsy board, and started wearing out after about a quarter of a million words, so I replaced it with the Saitek Eclipse, which is a really solid board!  After nearly one million words, it still barely shows any signs of wear at all.  In fact, I'd believe it were new if somebody gave it to me in a box.  It's that durable.   :cool:

The mouse is nice, but it's not super fast, and for editing, I wish it were a bit lighter/faster/more precise.  I'm thinking about upgrading to the MX1000.  It's nice.   Cheesy

As for the keyboard, I'd like to use a wireless board.  That Logitech Elite was nice, but the fact that it was wearing out so quickly really bugged me.  That, and if I accelerated past about 85 words per minute, it started losing letters on me.    :bangHead!:  Which stank.  Badly.  Like old trash bags.  Yeah.

So, you?

:peace:  

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 07:32:29 PM »

Wireless both..

Because I can.

Its hawt<3

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

Rico

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 08:10:56 PM »

I'm using a Powerbook as my main computer, so obviously the keyboard is wired.  I do use a wireless Logitech mouse, though.  It's very comfortable, and I find the weight to be just perfect.  Best mouse I've ever used.

I think I might be getting an iMac pretty soon, though.  When that happens, I'll be using the Apple bluetooth keyboard, and the same mouse I use now.  The wireless Apple mouse will be thrown in the camera bag to be used on set with the Powerbook.

- Rico

We're doing fine on the One and Nine line.
-- The Beastie Boys; "An Open Letter to NYC"

Blah, blah, blah... Yorksnob.
-- Zep
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 08:35:20 PM »

I envy your Macness.

Sad

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Rico

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 08:46:19 PM »

Hehe.  Get a job, and then get a Mac.  I don't know what else to tell you. Tongue

- Rico

We're doing fine on the One and Nine line.
-- The Beastie Boys; "An Open Letter to NYC"

Blah, blah, blah... Yorksnob.
-- Zep
Blank avatar

rogue_09

Administrator?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 08:48:52 PM »

I'm still wired on everything, mostly because I'm too poor/cheap to buy wireless stuff where my existing wired stuff works just fine.  That or I'm on my laptop for which there is nothing but keyboard/touchpad.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 09:03:35 PM »

Eh, that works.

Rico:  Oooooh....  Get a job?

That hurts to think about...  That-     That means work-  Doesn't it?

Blank avatar

rogue_09

Administrator?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 09:05:55 PM »

Unless you work at a zoo or a massage machine booth in a mall.  In those cases "work" is a very subjective term.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 09:11:41 PM »

lol....

I suppose.

I could also just continue leaching off of my parents.  It works pretty well...

Nah.   A job would be a nice break.  So...  Not a zoo.  Animals stink.   But then, thinking about the folks who might come through a massage booth, the Zoo might be a pretty decent place to work...  Wink

Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 09:25:12 PM »

I have had 5 jobs already. You really learn a lot. Good and bad experiances.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 09:51:59 PM »

I can imagine.

Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 02:06:20 AM »

My wireless mouse broke.

Now I have:
PC: Wireless KB + wired mouse (ball, not laser.. EW)
MAC: wired/wired.

I figure the KB can sit in your lap to type, but its hard to not have the surface to use the mouse, so there's no downside to having it attached to somewhere near said surface.

I voted for wireless kb + wired mouse.

anyway...
Blank avatar

hurleyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 08:36:28 AM »

I use a laptop also, so my keyboard is obviously wired. I am building a computer, though, so I'll have the opportunity to try somethings. I would not be opposed to trying a wireless keyboard, but I hate having to keep up with batteries unless I can find one with really good rechargables. Same thing with the mouse, I use a wired optical right now. My roommate has used two wireless mouses (the critters are mice, the peripherals are mouses, because I said so Wink ) and has had trouble with both of them. I don't like the response time of wireless devices either, it always seems to fluctuate. So I'll probably go with the most compact wired KB that I can find, and keep the mouse that I've got now...

Hurleyman <><

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." -G.K. Chesterton

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies [simply] because they become fashions." -G.K. Chesterton

"It is a great fortune that Archimedes never got his lever and fulcrum; he might have succeeded." -- Me

"The war stories that a nation tells with pride, are the nightmares that its heroes relive every night." -- Me
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 10:37:40 AM »

Yeah, unless they're high quality, there is a lag.

But I never have problems with batteries.  Ever.

Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 10:44:07 AM »

I use wired stuff.  I had one of those cool silicone roll-out keyboards, but it died on me recently and I haven't had a chance to get a new one.  I also use a trackball mouse.

Nobody likes to use my computer but me.  Hee.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: