theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: V for Vendetta  (Read 30932 times)
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

Administrator and Contest Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2006, 04:03:24 PM »

Im opening this thread for three reasons;

1. Because I can

2. Because Im watching the movie tonight

3. Because this will serve as a discussion thread for those who have seen the movie and want to comment on it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:02:01 PM by ObiJuan2080 » Logged
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 07:42:31 PM »

It looks incredibly awesome..

I wanna see it ^^

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:08:42 PM »

So I don't spoil it for you guys, I'm just going to say it was really really good. I read the comic before the film and I'll say that they captured it better than I thought they would. You all should go see it this weekend.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 08:36:04 PM »

Is this thread open spoilers, hidden spoilers, or no spoilers?
Just want to get it clear up front.

Matthew

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;  I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked....
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;  then I understood their final destiny....
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
~Psalm 73

"If Shakespeare wrote 'your' when he should have written 'you're' you'd look for a deeper meaning, irony perhaps. When I write 'your' when I should write 'you're' I just look like a retard." ~Hurleyman

"Jesus kicks my face."
kicks my face, verb: anything that rocks, inspires, and sustains all that you are
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 11:01:48 PM »

No spoilers...yet. I just came back from seeing it and I enjoyed it from start to finish.
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 10:46:55 AM »

Anyone else?
Blank avatar

lilyofshallot

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 10:53:54 AM »

I'm going to see it tonight.  
Blank avatar

hurleyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 10:58:51 AM »

I'm really glad to hear ll of you say that it's good. I plan to go see it tomorrow If I can.

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." -G.K. Chesterton

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies [simply] because they become fashions." -G.K. Chesterton

"It is a great fortune that Archimedes never got his lever and fulcrum; he might have succeeded." -- Me

"The war stories that a nation tells with pride, are the nightmares that its heroes relive every night." -- Me
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 11:35:09 AM »

We went to see it last night, and I planned on posting a thread when I got access to a computer Smiley Well, here we are Smiley

The whole movie was quite a ride. From start to finish, it really keeps you hooked and guessing about what's going to happen next. A few of the scenes were a little disjunct and awkward, and I'm thinking to myself "Great, another cheesy superhero flick..." Then they do something completely twisted and, ultimately, cool, and rush my attention back into focus. And once the movie gets rolling, there's no stopping it.

Action packed and lots of Natalie Portman (with an English accent...? She's not Brittish is she? It sounded forced...anywho, shows what I know...). So yea, it's a very cool movie, but you have to pay close attention to what's going on if you want to follow the complex unfolding of the story.

Also, don't see this film if you have issues with excessive gore, homosexuality, and violence, etc. I don't think anyone here will, and I must admit their presentation of homosexuality was very tastefully done (myself being bisexual, I know how it is, and I thought it was very well done).

The film made me cry twice Smiley That's always impressive, but again I get teary in most well-done films whether it's meant to make you feel that way or not.

I'm getting very vehemently verbose, so verily, a viewing of this version is very much vindicated for your viewing velleity.

(Okay, so I tried...dictionary.com is your friend...  Tongue )
Blank avatar

Tyler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 07:54:35 PM »

I'm getting very vehemently verbose, so verily, a viewing of this version is very much vindicated for your viewing velleity.

:lol:

BTW, Natalie Portman was born in Jerusalem, but I'm pretty sure she's American...ish.

I really want to see this movie!  It reminded me of the novel 1984, considering it's a totalitarian England.  Seemed interesting.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3534/fakecello4qp.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
An IMDb user praising this "diverse" and "complex" music:
"Look at the incredible variety of themes he does - from Gladiator, a masterpiece, to Matchstick Men, a fun, jazzy style, then Pirates - a theme that moviegoers (however musically inclined they may be) will never forget. These scores are not only more diverse, but more complex as well."    :-\
Blank avatar

velcro falcon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 10:19:36 PM »

awsome, truley awsome. and a great trailer line-up to boot!
i really hope this gets people questioning their government more like that whole censorchip on greenhouse gasses thing i just saw on 60 mins... crazy but thats a whole diferent thread...
awsome movie. i now will celabrate guy forks day. hell yeah!

tanenr
is cool
Blank avatar

lilyofshallot

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 10:31:56 PM »

lol I saw that thing on 60 minutes too!  Very interesting.  
Blank avatar

Rico

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 10:56:46 PM »

BTW, Natalie Portman was born in Jerusalem, but I'm pretty sure she's American...ish.
Yeah, born in Jerusalem and raised in New York (what-WHAT!).

- Rico

We're doing fine on the One and Nine line.
-- The Beastie Boys; "An Open Letter to NYC"

Blah, blah, blah... Yorksnob.
-- Zep
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 11:47:15 PM »

I'm interested. sounds cool to me. I'll probably see it soon. Smiley
Blank avatar

ObiJuan2080

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 07:25:21 AM »

...raised in New York (what-WHAT!).

- Rico
Rico in the his-ouse representin' the BX to teh fullist!

Sorry, Im not ghetto but...

*Shoots Rico and takes all his belongings*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: