theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Star Wars (TV) series to run and run"  (Read 1678 times)

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« on: March 16, 2006, 01:08:03 PM »

Most TV series run about 25 episodes in a season...  The new Star Wars TV series is going to be at least 100 episodes long... get ready for a lot of Star Wars!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4808746.stm

The only sad part: Guess who is writing it... yup, old Georgie himself!

Matthew

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;  I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked....
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;  then I understood their final destiny....
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
~Psalm 73

"If Shakespeare wrote 'your' when he should have written 'you're' you'd look for a deeper meaning, irony perhaps. When I write 'your' when I should write 'you're' I just look like a retard." ~Hurleyman

"Jesus kicks my face."
kicks my face, verb: anything that rocks, inspires, and sustains all that you are
Blank avatar

Vaportrail

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 03:23:43 PM »

Hmm, and it says it's going to be about young Luke?
Possibly similar to Young Indiana Jones, I guess. I never saw that tho.

And you know, if anyone were going to do it, I'd want it to be Lucas.
It's his world after all. I do recall him saying "I don't want this to become another Star Trek". Handing it off to someone else would effectively accomplish that task.

It'd be neat to see an Ewan-as-Obi cameo once in a while, if it is indeed about Luke.

The only thing about that though, if it's about Luke.. he didn't leave Tatooine until ANH right? So... how's that work? "Star Wars: Tatooine" doesn't seem like the best thing they could do with this.
Blank avatar

hurleyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 05:17:44 PM »

I disagree. I think that Lucas should have handed the writing and directing to someone else. He should retain the rights to it so that it is still his universe, but The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were good because Lucas didn't direct them. The newest 3 movies all sucked progressively harder because Lucas wrote and directed all of them himself.

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." -G.K. Chesterton

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies [simply] because they become fashions." -G.K. Chesterton

"It is a great fortune that Archimedes never got his lever and fulcrum; he might have succeeded." -- Me

"The war stories that a nation tells with pride, are the nightmares that its heroes relive every night." -- Me
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 07:23:14 PM »

His writing is questionable. His directing is the skill. Why not get some help writing... seriously...

but... hmm.. young luke... weird... we'll see I guess...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: