theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screening  (Read 7931 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 07:17:33 PM »

I'm lookin' forward to it. No time to review, and that's already handled... Smiley Have fun/good luck...
Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 08:11:12 PM »

Sorry ladies, things have come up. I am sending the PMs now.

Here is the list.
1. Techkill
2. Starwalker
3. Magus

Sorry fig i tried IMing u several times to confirm.
Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 08:35:20 PM »

SENT! Enjoy!
Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 08:42:09 PM »

FAQs about the film

Cast
5 People

Crew
4-8 Peoples

Assistant Director
Thomas Bowers

Filmed With a
Canon XL1s

Edited with
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

Filmed in
3-4 Days. within 3-4 weeks.

TRT 23 Min

Any other questions, lemme know.

RELEASE DATE is now set for the 20th of March.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 08:42:18 PM by FCRabbath » Logged
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 10:45:08 PM »

Tech Krill's Review: The Calling

I get very emotionally involved in films, to the point where I feel welling of emotional all over and such.

This short film brought me to tears, I kid you not. And they weren't because it was awful...this film is amazing. Short of the high-end budget independent filmakers, this is the best film I've ever seen. The music and sound work and acting and lines and cinematography were all exceptional.

The color-correcting and other atmospheric post production work quadrupled the intensity of the film's delivery. I simply cannot stress how big a fan I am of this film.

I would go into depth about the strengths and weaknesses of the film, but Freddy has asked that the review remain brief and simple, just to highlight the film itself. Any and all low points in the film are insignificant compared to the scope of the work. It was truly enjoyable even a pleasure to watch.

To be honest, the only problem I had with this film that really stands out: the compression sucks at times Smiley But I understand it's necessary, the file weighed in pretty well for a short.

Freddy, this is the best film you've ever done. Don't be timid about releasing this to the craving public, it's a winner. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 10:47:55 PM by TechKrill » Logged
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 09:30:45 AM »

The Calling.

I just finished this movie this morning, and was truly delighted with what I saw!

This story had what most of Freddy's other movies lacked:  Character.  While the main character herself had mostly visual characteristics, the others had character revealed in the dialogue, as well as the obvious visual leads.  Without spoiling the show I'm going to comment on the storyline a bit.

Opening up is a splendid exchange between father and daughter, showing great character and allowing for a lot of love for the character.  I appreciated this being the first thing in the film.  In the original script, I know that this exchange was going to be a flashback.  I'm glad things changed.

As the script progresses, we see a challenges and conflicts among the characters emotionally, and they feel real.  They don't feel empty or groundless.  They feel like there is really something behind them, as established in scene one of the film.

Acting.

Both the Father and the Mother did a good job of seeming sincere in their scenes.  The Father was of course rather selfless, while the Mother did a good job of portraying a kind of protection of the daughter/selfishness, while still being the 'good guy'.  It was well done.  The Son did excellent as well, and he's probably my favorite actor in the film.  He was so smooth at going from emotion to emotion that it was totally convincing for me.  The 'villain' was very well acted as well, and makes me wonder if he's on drugs...  Wink

The daughter did a good job of portraying herself to be very childlike and innocent, while at the same time, showing her feelings of guilt.

The Story was well crafted, well thought out, and to me, showed Freddy's improving talent as a writer.  To all those who said the nature of 'you're a sucky writer', watch this film, and rethink that statement.

In all, this was a great film.  It wasn't perfect, I mean, no film really is, but I thought this was certainly Freddy's best thus far.  For me, this was a Christian film.  It really was.  It told a story of guilt, forgiveness, repentance, redemption, and love.  If that's not a Christian film, I ask, what is?

To all of you who, as I, have been waiting patiently (or impatiently) to see this film, it is well worth the wait.  Solid Gold!

Freddy mentioned that he's going to be putting out a DVD.  I know I'll be picking up a copy!

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 10:29:21 AM »

MMMMM!!

Magus' Review of F.C. Rabbaths The Calling

Wow!! Mmm this is by far your best work, man. That boom mic really made a difference, the audio was beautiful. I've been watching your work for some time now and I slowly see you getting better, but from Lost Touch to this your skill just EXPLODED with... well.. Skill-ful-ness! You're an amazing director and I absolutly loved this

So lets get started shall we?

Plot: Well, I don't think I can really tell anyone what it was about... but it's hawt<3 Very M. Night Shamalan-y. Sad... but yet you were able to pull it off... I enjoyed. Only thing that got me was time, it happened relativly fast... BUT, never the less, I loved it.
7/10

Acting: MMM! Beautiful! Shayne is still your best actor IMO, I loved him in One Way, and he was just as good if not better in this. Briana did good too, for her age... It's hard to get good actors... It's hard to get girl actors... It's hard to get young actors... You took all three of the hardest to get elements and still got a great actor... The rest were great as well, but I was mainly impressed with Shayne / Briana.
8/10

Photography: Beautiful. Loved the angles, loved the lighting, loved the.. umm angles and lighting... o_O Very good work... Impressive... ;P
8/10

OverAll: I really really liked this, this is your best work, Freddy, and you can only get better. Your orginization and everything is truely great.. Love your work n everything... Yup... Word.

All in all - 8/10

(From me that's highly good. I've got a freakishly strict scale)

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006, 11:10:41 AM »

Wow, im amazed.

You literally scare me with your amazing talent. The whole thing was un-believably good...it was God like...or something.

I;ll follow Techs point...and keep it clean so NOTHING is spoiled.

Overall excellent. The only flaw I saw was that it ended to fast! it was to short, heh.

Shane is my favorite actor as well...use him a lot more and you'll be on the right path.

9/10...wouldve rated it a 10 but nothing perfect!
Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2006, 10:25:56 PM »

thanks for the reviews guys.
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 08:40:46 AM »

Thanks for the movie.  :lol:  

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

ssjaaron

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006, 12:54:37 PM »

The Calling

EDIT: SPOILERS.
Overall I enjoyed this film it was not my favorite bu that does not mean it was not good, because it was extrmemly well done in almost every aspect of film. I really liked the editing, cinematography,directing,acting (but dont make it to dramatic),location,story was good aswell.
I would give this film a 8/10.
Here is some kind critisisim. Some times some of the audio sounded a little echoy in the house and then when it was a close up the ausio sounded fine. so I dont know of that would be even fixable. Ok great acting and good dialog but remember to not over do it dramaticly and you could have shorten the mom and adams fight. I loved the story and idea but you should have had the girl like fall in a hole in the forest and like get hurt, then she hears her dads voice and sees a silowet of "her dad" he grabs her hand and when he pulls her out she finds its her brother. this would give them more motive for all making up and make that friend feel really bad. you cant fix that now but that would have been alot better I believe. Really FC that was great! you have become a very profesional young man. good luck with more reviews and future films.
-Aaron
PS:sorry for spelling or sentence errors My come is going really slow. Becuase of renders.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 12:24:08 PM by FCRabbath » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: