theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Nu Thang!  (Read 5895 times)

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2006, 09:47:28 AM »

OK, I have been teasing y'all about this for a few days now... now, you can go see for yourself what all is going on!

Linky

Matthew

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;  I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked....
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;  then I understood their final destiny....
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
~Psalm 73

"If Shakespeare wrote 'your' when he should have written 'you're' you'd look for a deeper meaning, irony perhaps. When I write 'your' when I should write 'you're' I just look like a retard." ~Hurleyman

"Jesus kicks my face."
kicks my face, verb: anything that rocks, inspires, and sustains all that you are
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 12:28:58 PM »

Downloading...

9 minutes of you opening a box...

Sounds intense. ^^

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 12:50:43 PM »

Hahahaa I'm totally loving this...

"Those are the boxes by the way.

...Boxes"

"Lots of boxes... I love boxes! Boxes are gooood"

Totally love your personality, you'd be fun to hang out with ;P

Can't wait to see some of your stuff you make wiht that...

Looks hawt<3

;p

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 08:50:04 PM »

I have updated the film (shortened the end), and uploaded a small and medium version...  have fun!
And thanks for the "review," Magus!

Matthew

17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;  then I understood their final destiny....
~Psalm 73

"If Shakespeare wrote 'your' when he should have written 'you're' you'd look for a deeper meaning, irony perhaps. When I write 'your' when I should write 'you're' I just look like a retard." ~Hurleyman

"Jesus kicks my face."
kicks my face, verb: anything that rocks, inspires, and sustains all that you are
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 10:38:49 PM »

That should have been so freaking boring. Actually, fun to watch Cheesy

As I said, I want one. Send it along. I'm still using that 'crappy digital8 sony handycam'.... you said yours was about 2 years old? Ha, mine is at least 5. I think 6... maybe 7. Ouch!

...planning to get a new one soon. Hopefully...

What tape format is the larger one and how much do they each cost?
Or just give the model numbers... I didn't catch them when you said them.

EDIT: found them... looked it up... fun! Looks like they'll work well. interesting...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 10:40:01 PM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 11:02:26 PM »

I hate you and your expensive equipment...no not really I love you and your awesome sense of humor...and no, im completely straight when I say I love you. Im just very secure with my sexuality thank you

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 11:03:57 PM »

I got the PanasonicDVC-30 and the DVC 60 (these numbers are also found on my website).  They both use Mini-DV tape.
They retail for $2,600 and $2,800 respectively, but I got them cheeper at B&H Photo Video in New York...  you can look up how much I spent if you really want to...

As far as the Sony HandyCam, I bought it, I guess Summer of '03, so that would make it just under 3 years old...  but yes, old stuff...

Any who, thanks for another "review."  I am sorry if it is boring to some of you, but I didn't make it for you...  this is really the first thing that I have made for fun in a LONG TIME!  I didn't make it to be entertaining to watch, I made it to have fun...  but I am glad that y'all are enjoying it!

And Magus...  ask HurleyMan, I really do say things like that in every day conversations!  hehe

Matthew

~Psalm 73

"Jesus kicks my face."

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 11:05:23 PM »

... and thank you, starwalker...  I, umm... like you too?

Matthew

~Psalm 73

"Jesus kicks my face."
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 11:12:27 PM »

Haha, I enjoyed it!  Good stuff man....

Nice cameras too.

Post us some comparison footage between your old camera and your new cameras.

I'd love to see some differences.  :-)

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 11:13:39 PM »

Deffinitly...Deffinitly, I was actually hoping that you wouldve done that in the vid, but hey...what can I do, but I know what YOU can do...compair the footage between the three...Handycam and the two new ones.

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 09:37:32 PM »

I kinda do have a small test in FCP that I did the night I opened the stuff, but I haven't had any time to work on it... Hopefully this week or next (Spring Break) I can put something together with rockin' music...

Matthew

~Psalm 73

"Jesus kicks my face."

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 10:25:15 PM »

I am happy to announce that I have named both cameras.  They have been named after the two people in LightClaw, our Star Wars Fan Film Wanna-be.

The larger, DVC 60's name is Beifuss, or JB for short.
The smaller, DVC 30's name is Hurley, or M@ for short.

Matthew

~Psalm 73

"Jesus kicks my face."
Blank avatar

hurleyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 03:56:14 PM »

AWww, thanks K@. I feel so.... something.

My name is Matthew Hurley, which is why M@ is short, get is M-@, M-At, Matt? Clever, huh? I thought it up myself Wink

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." -G.K. Chesterton

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies [simply] because they become fashions." -G.K. Chesterton

"It is a great fortune that Archimedes never got his lever and fulcrum; he might have succeeded." -- Me

"The war stories that a nation tells with pride, are the nightmares that its heroes relive every night." -- Me

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 04:21:13 PM »

AWww, thanks K@. I feel so.... something.

My name is Matthew Hurley, which is why M@ is short, get is M-@, M-At, Matt? Clever, huh? I thought it up myself Wink
The sad thing is: I had to POINT HIM to this thread...  *sigh*  my best friend can't even read my posts.

Matthew

~Psalm 73

"Jesus kicks my face."
Blank avatar

spartacus976

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 06:40:12 AM »

I would like to add that Kat used a PC - NOT A MAC at our latest job.....

and he says he is faithful to macs....faithful like clinton is to his wife.....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: