theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What got you interested?  (Read 4540 times)
Blank avatar

jedimastermonkey

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2006, 07:02:05 PM »

What got you interested in films/filming?

The first time I watched the star wars bonus dvd, I was sucked in by how they made different effects and how things were shot and put together. Things like that will still motivate me,but its hard to do stuff without a camera. Sad Maybe if I can find a job this summer, I can save up and get a semi decient camera and try to make stuff. So yea thats what first interested me.

http://myspace-806.vo.llnwd.net/00115/60/88/115188806_l.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Fall away, spiral out...
http://thebrbforums.com/html/emoticons/monkeytfn.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 07:32:07 PM »

Me, it was partially starwars and this site. I always wanted to make a sw fan film, ever since I was young, always wanted to make a good lightsaber fight. I found the brb from searching how to mak lightsabers and i searched around here and got hooked.
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 08:06:44 PM »

It all started by fooling around with the camera and wanting to film something worthwhile with it (besides family/home videos).  I never liked light saber fights- sort of an old special effect.  I like innovation and new creative ideas.  Like effects, directing, production, written and musical composition ideas.  I like Star Wars and the story behind it, but the fan films have gotten very old to me. I guess my point is you can test with the SW stuff, but be creative and do other stuff besides it.  Don't be close-minded.  I've worked with close-minded uptight people and it's not always fun.  
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 08:11:25 PM »

Same same, I cant stand star wars fan films anymore, just when I first saw them a while back. Infact, I hardly like any fan films, as I agree with wpro, i like new innovative stuff.
Blank avatar

FCRabbath

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 08:41:26 PM »

the Women.

Starwalker, you will pay.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:44:59 PM by FCRabbath » Logged
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 08:44:02 PM »

Wow...you deffinitly just said the men.
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 08:45:54 PM »

hehe...im sorry, it was just there, i had to do it, i still love you freddy...Tongue
Blank avatar

Rico

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 11:55:12 PM »

I saw Ghostbusters 2, and on the way home from the theater I declared that I was going to be a director so I could make "Ghostbusters a-hundred."  From that point on, things have kind of centered on film for me.

- Rico

We're doing fine on the One and Nine line.
-- The Beastie Boys; "An Open Letter to NYC"

Blah, blah, blah... Yorksnob.
-- Zep
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 12:00:05 AM »

Haha, holy crap.  I wrote my college entrance essay on how Ghostbusters II made me want to get into film.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 04:58:52 AM »

When I was browzing the TFN boards in late 2003 it made me very interested in getting into film and doing something of my own. That and Daniel's help and guidance. Thanks man.  :peace:  

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 07:36:48 AM »

My friend got me into it, he's always wanted to be a director n what not and sucked me into it, and I soon liked it... Although he's always directing our stuff and I don't nessicarily agree with all of this idea's / angles and I do all the editing I still stick with him, hehe...

But yeah.. that's basicly it =X

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

scriptcoder

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 08:06:58 AM »

I was writing stories since I was a little kid. Over the last two years I wrote probably ten short stories. All original.

There was this one that was over 100,000 words split into seven parts. It was fun writing it. Then January 2005 I kinda started to see the fanfilms and the original films on the net and I thought: "Wow. What if I filmed a story?"

So I kinda gathered ideas and wrote a few scripts made two short movies over the year and finnaly came up with the idea for Luck's End. By then I had also learned Blender and all sorts of cool gizmos.

And now production is on.  Cheesy  
Blank avatar

Rico

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 08:45:33 AM »

Haha, holy crap.  I wrote my college entrance essay on how Ghostbusters II made me want to get into film.
One of my college essays was about how "Benji: The Hunted" was the scariest movie I had ever seen.

- Rico

We're doing fine on the One and Nine line.
-- The Beastie Boys; "An Open Letter to NYC"

Blah, blah, blah... Yorksnob.
-- Zep
Blank avatar

jedimastermonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 12:19:07 PM »

It all started by fooling around with the camera and wanting to film something worthwhile with it (besides family/home videos).  I never liked light saber fights- sort of an old special effect.  I like innovation and new creative ideas.  Like effects, directing, production, written and musical composition ideas.  I like Star Wars and the story behind it, but the fan films have gotten very old to me. I guess my point is you can test with the SW stuff, but be creative and do other stuff besides it.  Don't be close-minded.  I've worked with close-minded uptight people and it's not always fun.
Yea fanfilms can get old, but a while back I found a film in production that looks like it might be good. It has like camera shots flying through a 3d ship, into real video. I saw pics of the crystal inside the saber, so hopefully there will be more good stuff that makes it worth watching.

http://myspace-806.vo.llnwd.net/00115/60/88/115188806_l.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Fall away, spiral out...
http://thebrbforums.com/html/emoticons/monkeytfn.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 03:33:38 PM »

Hey Jedimastermonkey... you have a link? That sounds nifty.

I don't know what got me into filmaking. It was kinda an inevitable process.

Started out drawing when I was, like, 2, moved on to flipbooks, then we got a camera from a neighbor, then I did stop motion, then crappy little movies by myself, then crappy movies with other people, then better movies, then more awesomer movies.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: