Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/cmaccqy9md3o/public_html/thebrbforums.com/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
FX Tests

theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: FX Tests  (Read 30815 times)
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2006, 05:54:17 PM »

::sigh:: Here we go =X

Soooooooooo...

Here's the deal-io; I've never posted any of my work on these forums.. (once you see this, you'll know why), but I've decided to go ahead and post a few FX tests...

But before watching, just know They are horrible.  :lol:  :doh:

I got After Effects January 29th and have had no training in it, just about 5 tutorials, I think for having it for about two weeks I've done alright, but not great.. I've figured my way around the program, but still, I've got ALOT left to learn Tongue  

Could be doing alot better =X

Anyway, here are a few FX tests I've done through the past week-n-a-half.

LightSaber

Fire summoning... (looks horrible)

And dissapearing

Sky can Fly... Why can't I?...

Super Speed

Super speed...2...... yup..

Guns go Bang (Used Aarons tutorial and footage just so you know I didn't steal it =X)

Touch screen of the FUUUUTURE

And last:

Lame thing of doom

So... huzzah...

:unsure:

Dont hurt me! =X   Tongue  

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 06:53:19 PM »

DUde! I haven't had a chance to go through all of them, but DANG!

That's some awesome stuff!

And I think I may have to steal your Advent Children POster. Because that's the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

APRIL 25th! Official Release Date!

And I've always loved Holographic touch screens.

Especially from the future. Smiley

Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 07:00:23 PM »

Haha thanks, my ex Girl Fraaaand got that for me (best present from a girl I've possibly ever gotten), esspecially considering its like silk-y goodness. ^^

Blank avatar

Rico

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 09:51:53 PM »

Nice arabian.

- Rico

We're doing fine on the One and Nine line.
-- The Beastie Boys; "An Open Letter to NYC"

Blah, blah, blah... Yorksnob.
-- Zep
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 06:55:18 AM »

Wow, that final one was kick ass, the sepiroth theme just added so much to it, heh.

EDIT: Where did you get that touch screen tutorial?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 07:04:41 AM by starwalker » Logged
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 07:11:55 AM »

I didn't get a tutorial for it..

Just figured it out

:shrugs:

want the .aep for it?

EDIT: Or better yet, I could make a tutorial for it, I know how much Daniel would jump all over that. =P
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 07:13:31 AM by Magus » Logged

Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 07:17:13 AM »

Yea, do that...and send to thebrb@gmail.com and give me the aep to, heh.

When can you get that in by?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 07:17:29 AM by starwalker » Logged
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 07:23:37 AM »

Whenever, Gotta be at work in 70 minutes so I've got a wee bit o' time to start on it. ;P

I assure you though, I am not the master  :lol:  

Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 11:59:57 AM »

My touchscreen version, not much...i liked your little spinny thing in the top left, but i had no clue how you did that, just opacity turned down? I was just messing with solids and test layers mostly besides the actual touchscreen bg.

EDIT : Question, how can I get the touch screen bg image to be able to size only half of the image? I want to grab the right size's points on make them a bit smaller, so it looks like its infront of him, instead of right infront of the cam, basically like spencer did, but he used a solid layer and i used an image.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:03:07 PM by starwalker » Logged
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 12:13:47 PM »

Hehe nice, but erm, not really getting the question... I just used a solid color layer, masked it, feathered it and turned the opasity way down. o_o

My red spinny thing was easy though, I just made an image of 1 giant red thing, then duplicated it several times and put 'em around in a circle. Then made them dissapear and slowly reappear right after each other.. Slapped it on my First comp and scaled it down and put it in the corner of the small blue part of the screen.

You can sorta see it in this image I attached. (and hopefully get a better understand of what I'm talking about). xDD

Also, perspective was hard for me... until I found out about 3D-layering thanks to playin around.

looks alot better now ;p
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:17:25 PM by Magus » Logged

Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 07:56:42 PM »

Tutorial finished.. rofl...

Not really as much as a tutorial as it is me learning to screen capture, as it was my first...

Besides, I shouldn't be making tutorials after only 2 weeks of using the program..

Still, enjoy, 15 minutes long, 90 MB =X

Heeeere!

Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 08:34:27 PM »

funny funny, i like the way you talk...hmmm...i will add this later tonight or early in the morning...

Ps...you deffinitly said douche
Blank avatar

jedimastermonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 09:16:38 PM »

Cool stuff man, the best I ever got was this vid of me throwing an electro ball thing at my wall. I should push myself to do better stuff, but I think I'm gonna wait till summer.

Anyway, in your tut vid idk if you talked about it later in the video, because I turned it off halfway through.(for I need my sleep) But for the moving objects with your fingers, you can also use the motion tracking tool.The tracking tool will do a lot of the stuff by itself, but if its jerky or something, you can go back and tweak the path. So if you talked about that, I am sorry for wasting my breath. If you didn't know that then there is you fun fact for the day  Tongue

http://myspace-806.vo.llnwd.net/00115/60/88/115188806_l.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Fall away, spiral out...
http://thebrbforums.com/html/emoticons/monkeytfn.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 10:08:48 PM »

That tutorial was HIGHLY awesome! Thanks, dude Smiley

What program did you use to do that, again?
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 05:52:33 AM »

Anyway, in your tut vid idk if you talked about it later in the video, because I turned it off halfway through.(for I need my sleep) But for the moving objects with your fingers, you can also use the motion tracking tool.The tracking tool will do a lot of the stuff by itself, but if its jerky or something, you can go back and tweak the path. So if you talked about that, I am sorry for wasting my breath. If you didn't know that then there is you fun fact for the day  Tongue
Thank you thanks you! ^^  Cheesy

Oh, hawt, I didn't know about that, Thanks! I'll check that out XD!

Nice video btw, better than I can do with a blue magical ball of doom!  :lol:

Oh, and Ian, I used FrontCam for the screen capturing (Totally free program, highly recommended) and just recorded myself via camera for the audio (You can see at the end the video ends before the audio so I pop up for about 2 seconds =X)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: