theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke Set  (Read 7763 times)
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« on: February 09, 2006, 09:59:52 PM »

Here's a diagram of the interior of the ship, give or take.

We're actually gonna try to build most of it in one piece. Which should be cool. Hopefully it'll make it feel more "connected". If we're lucky.  
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:01:59 PM »

I hate you

In a lovable way, your to good!
Blank avatar

FrogRat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 11:22:45 AM »

Hehe, he didn't even mention how well the prop run went.

"Why do you always have to touch everything!?"-Ian Hubert
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 12:29:08 PM »

Awethome

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 12:40:06 PM »

You're buidling a cg model of all that as one piece, right? Not a set?
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 08:20:37 PM »

Actually, the set!

And you know, Steve, you could always tell them instead Wink

We were like, "WHERE IN THE WORLD CAN WE BUILD THIS SET?" Cause we need it up for a while, for the span of filming all the episodes, at least the spaceship stuff.

Then we remembered Jan. He has a void in his home. A giant.... area.... with no purpose, under his house. 47 feet by 7 feet wide, by 7 feet tall, or so. I say, "Or so", cause it varies in height, cause there are a lot of pipes going through. But hey, it's a spaceship, right?

So yeah, we're gonna build the whole set (excluding the stuff higher up (Squid's residence, The kitchen, and The Bathroom", but we'll have ladders leading up to hatches. Which will be cool. We're gonna flatten it out a bit, meaning the cockpit, lounge, elevators, and bunks will all be on the same plane, more or less.

SHould be awesome.

As far as the prop run goes..... We went to the Boeing surplus store. It's a few miles away. Sadly, they recently stopped selling aircraft parts (which is what we wanted) BUT! That place is awesome!

Awesome Awesome Awesome! Full of things! Giant valves, pipes, everything!

We got these huge tubes for 10 cents a pound. Oh man. And we're picking up space TV's from the side of the road... all that good stuff.

Hey, how much does it cost to get rid of a TV? Can you just throw it out at the dump, or do you have to dispose of it a certain way?

So anyway, we got a large haul, two carts full of stuff. I was guessing it would end up being 50 bucks, it was 16!!! 16 dollars! Man.

I love that place.

And the best is yet to come!
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 08:23:44 PM »

Super hyped I am...maybe its almost time for a  "Space men belong in the Future, Probably?" production thread? YOu should take pictures of props, because somehow you get the most interesting props...im jelous.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 08:29:06 PM »

Hehe. We'll take some pictures, yeah. I just requested a production forum thing Cheesy Let's see what they say.  
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 10:04:01 PM »

With any luck, Steve will post a couple pictures he took a few weeks ago of the back of his truck full of props. Cause that's awesome.

The ship is finally almost done, creation wise. I thought it was done months ago, but I kept tweaking it, till I finally gave it a major facelift today. Which is good.

Updaaaates!

More details! Including an awesome time-travel dish!

Caution stripes around the intakes!

Yeaho!
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 10:08:09 PM »

You seice(sp?) to amaze me...I WANT TO SEE THE ACTUAL SET THOUGH...im dying to see what your comming up with...

Your amazing.
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 10:10:45 PM »

Lol. So far, the actual set is all contained within Steve's Truck. The void in which we were going to build the set has not yet been handed over to us. We hope it will. Otherwise... OOPS! There goes THAT plan. But we've assembled a lot of stuff outside of it, meaning that once we get started, the set should pretty much just pop up.

We'll take plenty of pictures. Smiley
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 06:53:02 AM »

I've got a giant abandon warehouse about a square mile n a half near my house that no one ever uses, it'd be perfect, there's so many rooms in it, one would work..

So yeah, just drive all the way to Charolotte NC for that....

It'll me worth it.  :lol:

Whew, uer too good ian =X

Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 10:08:05 AM »

Carolotte, hmm? I may take you up on that sometime if I need a big area Smiley I'm willing to travel.... *pokes*

On topic though, Ian, you could truly outdo yourself with this picture. Keep it up Smiley
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 12:04:45 PM »

Naw, not Carolotte, Charolotte.. ;p

Yeah, there are some hawt<3 filming locations around here

Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 06:48:50 PM »

Steve's makin' it too.