theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LightClaw  (Read 4261 times)

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« on: February 14, 2006, 11:40:55 PM »

Here are the links to my different LightClaws:
(direct links)

Preview 1
4.7 mgs
26 seconds

Preview 2
5.1 mgs
42 seconds

Remastered (small)
17.3 mgs
105 seconds

Remastered (large)
44 mgs
105 seconds

Link to all LightClaw info.

More to come soon!

Matthew
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 11:41:41 PM by Katanna » Logged

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;  I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked....
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;  then I understood their final destiny....
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
~Psalm 73

"If Shakespeare wrote 'your' when he should have written 'you're' you'd look for a deeper meaning, irony perhaps. When I write 'your' when I should write 'you're' I just look like a retard." ~Hurleyman

"Jesus kicks my face."
kicks my face, verb: anything that rocks, inspires, and sustains all that you are
Blank avatar

hurleyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 12:14:14 AM »

Hey everybody, look!! That's me!!!!! Look I'm on the internet!

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." -G.K. Chesterton

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies [simply] because they become fashions." -G.K. Chesterton

"It is a great fortune that Archimedes never got his lever and fulcrum; he might have succeeded." -- Me

"The war stories that a nation tells with pride, are the nightmares that its heroes relive every night." -- Me
Blank avatar

spartacus976

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 06:30:13 PM »

.....umm....spellcheck dude......

@ 0:41 seconds: (remastered large)
"This film has not been modified from its origonal version.  It is perfect in every way."

umm....origonal...is that like oragami? oragamy?  
yah...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 06:30:41 PM by spartacus976 » Logged

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 01:00:14 AM »

ummm, dude, just shut up, or I WILL release that bloopers video to the public!
=; >

Oh, and guys, I would like to introduce to you Spartacus, AKA: My Brother.  He can be seen in such films as RETRIBUTION, RETRIBUTION 2: The Revenge, and RETRIBUTION 3: Revenged.  He is also the star of the (to be completed) "Valentines Day, 2004."

Matthew
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 01:03:46 AM by Katanna » Logged

17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;  then I understood their final destiny....
~Psalm 73

"If Shakespeare wrote 'your' when he should have written 'you're' you'd look for a deeper meaning, irony perhaps. When I write 'your' when I should write 'you're' I just look like a retard." ~Hurleyman

"Jesus kicks my face."
kicks my face, verb: anything that rocks, inspires, and sustains all that you are
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 10:13:57 AM »

What? I'm not quite sure I found the point of those clips...a lightsaber test? And remastered...in what way? I just caught bigger resolution and a few sound fx...was that the remastered?

I'm just not sure what I missed...

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 04:11:12 PM »

lol, maybe Hurleyman has the time to explain the whole story, but there were 3 versions of LightClaw (all using the same footage): I did Preview 1 while on a trip in Utah, when I got back I did Preview2.  Then, a year later, I re-imported the footage (better quality) and re-did all of the light-sabers from scratch... and made "Remastered."

Oh, and LightClaw was going to be our Star Wars Fan Film, but it never happened... the footage that you see is a fx-test that we did.

Matthew

~Psalm 73

"Jesus kicks my face."
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 04:31:16 PM »

That was the best movie I've ever seen.

The drama, the intruigue, the romance...

The betrayal.  

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 05:42:29 PM »

Wow, Mrdodobird, sounds like IFOTOS... which is, of course, the BEST Star Wars Fan Film EVER!!!

Matthew

PS: It is great being around people who actually know what I am talking about...  at least I HOPE that you do!! (If you know what IFOTOS stands for, please stand up, please stand up)

~Psalm 73

"Jesus kicks my face."
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 06:29:39 PM »

Iron Fist of the Obsidian SITH???  That fanfilm TOTALLY rocks.

Loved every minute of it.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 06:49:46 PM »

Oh my goodness. I just got a call....

It's for you...

They say you're done now Cheesy
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 07:31:12 PM »

The call was from me, thx. Smiley
Blank avatar

hurleyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 09:42:38 PM »

Alright guys, it goes like this. I met these two guys in Physics who were interested in making a movie, K@ and John. Later on I went on vacation to visit my cousin, who showed me that he could put a lightsaber into a digital photo with Adobe Photoshop. I thought about doing this to a series of frames and presented the idea to the two guys. We obviously decided to go with a Star Wars film and K@ came up with the idea to do a story during the time when the Jedi were being hunted down by the Sith. The name LightClaw comes from the Wolverine-like lightsaber that they used to kill the Jedi, according to fanfiction. So we come up with a basic plot and start fleshing out some cool effects and choreography. While John and I are practicing our awesome moves, K@ decides to film a little to get an idea of what it'll look like and what angles he likes. He then throws together a little something (Preview) so that we can start being impressed with ourselves. In the video upload, however, K@ lost a good deal of data, including all the audio. After doing that one Preview, K@ felt like he had a better feel for the process and decided to do another one of slightly higher quality (Preview2). After a while, the project fizzled out, as it was unfortunately destined to do. In spite of this doom, K@ decided to flex his cinemagraphic prowess in one last grand display. He re-uploaded the video with preserved quality, he shot a few new scenes to replace damaged footage, and he used his perfected skill with the Adobe Photoshop lightsaber macro that he set up to create the final masterpiece that we now know as Remastered.

The modification disclaimer at the beginning is something that K@ had wanted to do for a while, but we decided to add to its perfection the irony of mispelling "origonal." Yes, it's intentional Wink

Enjoy...
Hurleyman <><

PS No, despite overwhelming requests, there will not be a director's cut.

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." -G.K. Chesterton

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies [simply] because they become fashions." -G.K. Chesterton

"It is a great fortune that Archimedes never got his lever and fulcrum; he might have succeeded." -- Me

"The war stories that a nation tells with pride, are the nightmares that its heroes relive every night." -- Me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: