theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The BRB also now has...  (Read 3160 times)
Blank avatar

hurleyman

View Profile WWW
« on: February 07, 2006, 07:50:33 PM »

...Hurleyman!! The one and only! I now offer greetings to all who wish to be greeted.

I am a friend of Katanna and am also interested in film. I focus on writing and CG and am also writing a novel. I started with CG using POV-Ray's free text based CSG ray tracer but have recently acquired Animation:Master (made by Hash Inc.) and LightWave 8.

Hurleyman <><

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." -G.K. Chesterton

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies [simply] because they become fashions." -G.K. Chesterton

"It is a great fortune that Archimedes never got his lever and fulcrum; he might have succeeded." -- Me

"The war stories that a nation tells with pride, are the nightmares that its heroes relive every night." -- Me
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 07:56:12 PM »

NIIICE! Interested in film, writing, and CG?

You're awesome.

Any possibility of us seeing any of your stuff? Cause I love seein stuff!

Animation:Master is awesome. You ever seen Victor Navone's stuff? (Alien Song and other cool things. But mostly Alien Song)

LightWave! Cool! I'm excited to see what you do with it Cheesy
Blank avatar

hurleyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 08:03:25 PM »

Yeah, I know I'm awesome.

I will try to post some of my stuff when I get the chance. Do y'all have a gallery or specific forum for such things?

I have only seen a little of Victor Navone's stuff (Alien Song and the sequels). I have not done anything of note with A:M yet, but we'll see.

LightWave is awesome, from what I can tell, but I'm building a new computer for it and don't want to go through the riga-ma-role of registering it twice so I haven't used it yet.

I have to admit that the transition from CSG to splines was extremely difficult. I still haven't gotten the hang of it yet, but practice makes perfect. I got some tutorial CDs from Anzovin. Do you know of any other educational things that I can take advantage of?

Hurleyman <><

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." -G.K. Chesterton

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies [simply] because they become fashions." -G.K. Chesterton

"It is a great fortune that Archimedes never got his lever and fulcrum; he might have succeeded." -- Me

"The war stories that a nation tells with pride, are the nightmares that its heroes relive every night." -- Me
Blank avatar

scriptcoder

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 08:08:43 PM »

A man interested in film, writing, and CG can't go wrong.

Hey welcome! Post your works either in the social thread or filmmaking. Actually I think the filmmaking forum is allowed for CG as starwalker is making a ship there at the moment.

Nice array of software you got there. I'm jealous.  
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 11:07:01 PM »

for posting stuff, just create a new thread in the 'filmmaking' board.

and, welcome!

Katanna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 01:06:10 AM »

Yes, guys, this is Hurleyman, my best friend in high school... if you have visited my website and seen LightClaw (our Star Wars fan film thingy), Hurleyman is one of the two guys in there (look at his avi and compare).

And really, he isn't that conceited.  That is my job, darn it!  Pay attention to me!  Stop posting in his thread, and head over to mine, it is much prettier - mine has a bra, this one doesn't!  =: P

Matthew
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 01:07:01 AM by Katanna » Logged

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;  I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked....
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;  then I understood their final destiny....
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
~Psalm 73

"If Shakespeare wrote 'your' when he should have written 'you're' you'd look for a deeper meaning, irony perhaps. When I write 'your' when I should write 'you're' I just look like a retard." ~Hurleyman

"Jesus kicks my face."
kicks my face, verb: anything that rocks, inspires, and sustains all that you are
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 08:18:48 AM »

mine has a bra, this one doesn't!
He has a point.. =X

Haha, welcome! XD

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

hurleyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 05:05:28 PM »

Hey yous guys. Y'all asked about some of my work. Here is a sample. Enjoy!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: