theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Spy-ish music  (Read 6213 times)
Blank avatar

R2D2Rules

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2006, 03:04:03 PM »

Well, we are making a movie called GoldenFork (the script is in filmaking somewhere) and we're going to need some kind of James Bond music. I was just wondering if anyone would like to compose for us.

We wont be finished filming for a while but just getting an early start. Cheesy

Thanks

--------------------
--------------------
seven-fourty-seven
seven-four-seven
7-4-7
7.4.7. (my most recent project in script stage)
~see through his eyes~

http://www.knoxskorner.com/' target='_blank'>This isnt my webpage but its awesome anyway
Blank avatar

Tyler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:46:17 AM »

Wow, sounds like an interesting movie.  Spy music is so rich, and there's alot of specific harmonic and timbre choices to accompany that film.

I think of vibraphone/marimba, loud brass, and contrabass when thinking of spy music.

Sadly, I can't commit to such a fun project, as I'm way too busy.  And though I could do it, I think I'd do a much better job AFTER I took Film Score class...lol.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3534/fakecello4qp.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
An IMDb user praising this "diverse" and "complex" music:
"Look at the incredible variety of themes he does - from Gladiator, a masterpiece, to Matchstick Men, a fun, jazzy style, then Pirates - a theme that moviegoers (however musically inclined they may be) will never forget. These scores are not only more diverse, but more complex as well."    :-\
Blank avatar

Rock_Lobster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 04:24:30 PM »

umm... me? I already have the main tune.

http://imageshack.us' target='_blank'>http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8880/rocklobster21xx.png' border='0' alt='user posted image' />
Blank avatar

R2D2Rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 06:16:53 PM »

Yeah i know, but i mean for other parts other then the main theme. =))

EDIT: like for other parts we might need someone more experienced
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 06:18:10 PM by R2D2Rules » Logged

--------------------
--------------------
seven-fourty-seven
seven-four-seven
7-4-7
~see through his eyes~

http://www.knoxskorner.com/' target='_blank'>This isnt my webpage but its awesome anyway
Blank avatar

wproductions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 06:45:39 PM »

can we hear the theme?  I'm just curious as to what it sounds like.
Blank avatar

StarmanSkywalker

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 05:04:39 AM »

Well, I have just the thing for you!!!!

If you have iTunes, check under radio, choose Eclectic, there's a station called "Secret Agent on SomaFM" playing everything you need. There's also the amazing "Fistful of Soundtracks" and "StreamingSoundtracks.com".

You MUST check these out. Oh, and use the song "Secret Agent Man" if you want to put in some fun-action into your movie.  
Blank avatar

StarmanSkywalker

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »

Rock_Lobster?!

Hey, that was my name on another board once! :blink:  
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 08:14:35 AM »

When you mean spy music do you mean like jazzy music? I've been looking for someone who can do a jazz piece and if any alumni from this film would like to help me out and do a piece please PM me. I'd help me a alot. A LOT. :batting:  

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

composerdude

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 03:39:33 PM »

Hi R2D2 rules

Well, I basically found your posting through googling around, and have now joined this board so I can answer you.

I am a highly experienced composer in mainly soul/r&b/jazz kinds of styles, and I saw you were looking for a spy-ish type tune.

Maybe it's too late because your posting was in January, but I think I have exactly what you're looking for...it's a funky spy tune with a lot of Bond flavouring.

If you'd like to hear it, please go to www.soundclick.com/seanmalcolm

You can either click on the music tab, or just scroll down to the bottom of the first page you arrive at. You will see a song called "Spyguy".
Check it out, and feel free to check out my other offerings on there.

I've been trying to figure this board out, and can't find anything that say "About BRB" or anything, so if anyone feels like enlightening me, it would be appreciated.

I don't know if this is for example a site for students or amateurs or professionals or whatever...so any helpful input is welcome.

All the best,
composerdude   :cool:  :peace:  :woot:  
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 07:10:29 PM »

Hi and welcome. I'm not familiar with R2's project, so I'll let him respond about it specifically.

However, I can tell you about the board.

First, welcome Smiley

Second... theBRB is an online resource (and forum) for filmmakers... of any level. It's mostly amateur, but many of us are or plan to be working professionally in the profession.

http://thebrb.com will give you links to what would interest you:
1. the forum
2. the theater (hosting etc. for independant films)
3. the stockpile free use stock materials hosted for everyone.
4. the contests section... not actually too active at the moment, but we'll have more soon.
Blank avatar

R2D2Rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 05:34:22 PM »

hey, srry i havent posted for a while

composerdude, i listened to some of your stuff, your really good! but a quick question; are you offering to make new music to the tune that we've already made, or use the song you've already made

PS: its not something we'll be having to worry about for a while cuz we have barely started filming yet Cheesy

me or rocklobster will post the tune that we've already made soon! Smiley Smiley)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 05:35:39 PM by R2D2Rules » Logged

--------------------
--------------------
seven-fourty-seven
seven-four-seven
7-4-7
~see through his eyes~

Blank avatar

Miszou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 07:14:29 PM »

I wouldn't mind contributing a song. I haven't really sat down to write a spy themish song, but I'm sure I could conjure up something cool. Check out www.soundclick.com/silverlineproductions for some of the stuff I've done.

Though it might be kinda weird to have three or four completely unique spy themes in the same film.... :blink:  
Blank avatar

R2D2Rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 09:05:26 PM »

nice stuff! i really liked the silver blade one (the first song)

it wouldnt nessasarily be 3 or 4 different spy themes it would more or less be different but have the same basic tune

it kinda depends on how much you'd be willing to help

Thanks a bunch for the offers!

--------------------
--------------------
seven-fourty-seven
seven-four-seven
7-4-7
~see through his eyes~

Blank avatar

composerdude

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 11:12:39 AM »

Hi everybody

djr33 - thanks for taking the time to enlighten me a bit as to this board!
           most excellent of you!

R2D2 - I guess basically I was offering you my song...I mean the truth of the matter is that I'm looking for paying gigs...so if you wanted me to take your song and add to it or whatever, I'd be into that, but I really can't afford the time to do anything for free as I am trying to make ends meet.  :doh:

But let me know what's up. I'd most certainly like to hear your song.

Thanks,
composerdude

P.S....Miszou, you've got some good stuff going on there!
Blank avatar

composerdude

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 08:48:27 AM »

Hi gang

composerdude here!

Just wanted to clarify something from my last post...though I would like to get paid for work, I'm not looking for John Williams' type money.  Shocked

I'm talking about something like $300-500...maybe even less...or more...(depending on different factors...length of film, number of pieces involved, how much music is wanted etc.)...it all really depends on what's involved...but put your mind at ease....no one is asking for $500,000!!  Smiley

So I once again invite everyone to check out my site at soundclick...yesterday I put up a "composer demo", which is a less-than-3-minute piece of samples of my different pieces strung together. Different styles are featured for not only film, but TV and commercial, etc.

www.soundclick.com/seanmalcolm

Enjoy and talk to ya soon!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: