theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Motion film Voice Actors Casting  (Read 3138 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: January 23, 2006, 12:42:05 AM »

HERE ARE THE PARTS THAT NEED TO BE FILLED:

--A policeman/sheriff: 20s? 30s?, protagonist.
--Another, his friend: smaller role, hopefully a slightly different voice, just for fun. same age, I'd say.
--Chief of police / head sheriff: wears glasses, plump, kinda lazy, not exactly mean, maybe stern. not the bad guy, but not exactly friendly. maybe a bit older. 40? 50? even 60, maybe.
--Store employee: surely the smallest part. whatever on voice, as long as it fits with the setting (not sure what that will be yet). maybe a woman.
--Magician: This guy is full of himself. He's got one of those curly mustaches. He needs be be confident, even overly so. Very charismatic, kinda mysterious, even a bit menacing. He may also need a less sure-of-himself, almost scared, whiny voice for certain parts. This'll make sense with the script.
--Magician's Assistant: the beautiful assistant who says "and now I present the great..." then just stands there. Powerful, sexy/cute voice, and maybe, as above a kinda scared, whiny voice.
--Extras: There will be some mob-esque scenes (specifically banging on a chain link fence), so maybe some screaming or whatever. Also, at the magic show, there will be a theater full of people, so some "oooohs" and just random chatting would fit well. I'm not too concerned about this yet. Also, maybe some people yelling insults at the town criminal. "serves you right!!"... I'll figure out if this will be needed later.
--(maybe) Parrot: just for fun. not sure if its too stupid to include.
--(addition) Main character's wife: Very easy to do. just "can you grab some milk before work" or some such.

NOTES ON SIZE:
Large parts: Main character, Chief
Medium: Magician, Friend
Small: Store clerk, Assistant, extras, parrot, and wife

The entire movie will be about 8 min long, probably. You can guess amount of lines from that. They're also (in first draft form) in the script (another thread), so you can check there. Those wlll be reworked some, though.

If you want to audition, send me a clip, hopefully with some of the lines from the script, and a note about which position(s) you're interested in. Then I'll fit everything together Smiley

thanks, everyone.

note: So far, I have a test from yodaman and interest from magus, rogue and starwalker('s friend)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 12:45:09 AM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:58:10 AM »

Yup, I'll have him drop a line tommorow

Yo.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 10:23:39 PM »

Still no word back from anyone but yodaman.

Are you guys still interested?

I'll send you PMs or something if I don't hear from you in a bit.

It's fine if you're busy or something... I'm just trying to figure out where things stand. Smiley
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 04:08:00 AM »

Yea, I have limited computer accessabiliy right now...should be able to send you a sample this weekend though.
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 07:03:55 AM »

As do I... I'm not dead or anything, haha.. Just have been uber busy lately.

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 09:57:44 AM »

Alright.

I'll look forward to this weekend, then.

Hope it becomes less hectic for you Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: