theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Motion Voices  (Read 3623 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: January 22, 2006, 03:44:11 PM »

I've been thinking. It seems like it would be really hard to do voices then animate to them. I guess that's the best way, the way the pros do it.

Not much more to say, really.

thoughts?
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 04:21:18 PM »

With doing voices first, you know how long to make things last, but it involves a little more work on your part.  Doing it the other way around means you have to work carefully to make things fit right.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 04:25:07 PM »

Funk's right. Even with the action figures I try to get the voices first so they can react to any words the actor might have emphacised or stuff like that. It helps a ton. I had a problem with it on HSA. They even did it on Corpse Bride. Take it from the pros.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 04:34:50 PM »

Yeah, I think so.

Just wanted to hear some about it as this is my first real attempt at it Smiley
Blank avatar

rogue_09

Administrator?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 04:40:31 PM »

Yeah, pretty much any animated film is done with the voice acting first and is then animated to fit the performances.  But on occasion the animation will be done first and the actors must match their performance to what's already set.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 04:42:27 PM »

That's generally on lower-budget and older animations.
Blank avatar

rogue_09

Administrator?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 04:52:33 PM »

Actually, I first saw that on a doc about a Disney movie.  It was only one or two scenes though.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 04:57:53 PM »

Seriously, it's either for both cast and crew to have the recordings first and animate around it. It takes no extra effort and the work in the end is dramatically reduced.

Plus, like I saw in a ROTS doc, if you want to get a feel for how people's lips move to certain lines look in a mirror and speak as you're animating.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 04:58:08 PM by Yodaman » Logged

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: