theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Stop Motion film  (Read 8319 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: January 22, 2006, 02:38:07 PM »

I am, right now, working on planning it all out.

I really am not sure about anything.

I have a very good idea of the plot, but I certainly don't want to give it away before the script is written.

If anyone is interested in helping, then I'd love help with:
-Voice actors
-Sound FX / foley / etc
-Music
-maybe some FX

Well... that's it for now. Smiley
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 03:00:30 PM »

I'll help any way possible...
Blank avatar

Magus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 03:31:31 PM »

Hot... XD

I can voice act.. Sorta =P

And I saw a mountain, and I saw a city;
Steadily sinking but suspiciously calm
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 03:38:56 PM »

Alright. I'll keep you both in mind Smiley
Magus (and starwalker, if you're interested in voice acting), would you mind sending me a test or two? Say whatever you want, just make it long enough for me to get an idea of what you sound like for casting purposes. It might help to figure out what direction this is going in. I have a story, but I'm not sure on setting. I'd almost go with the old west setting, but its a bit odd and might be hard to get everything to match. Anyway, yeah Smiley

Off to debate between working on homework and storyboards....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:40:25 PM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

green-boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 03:44:45 PM »

maybe some FX

I might be able to help out in that area. Shoot me an IM or something sometime if you need anything done in the FX area.  :peace:  

"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 04:15:22 PM »

I haven't fully planned all the shots yet, so I'm not sure what there will be.

My guess is that there will be, if anything, masking/tracking shots.

There might also be some rotoscoping out wires and such if something needs to hang in the air, etc.

Maybe even some keying.

Thanks for the offer. We'll see what ends up being needed.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 04:20:26 PM »

If you say what kind of voices you may want I can send you a sample and I can help you with writing if need be.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 04:20:44 PM by Yodaman » Logged

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 04:28:01 PM »

Eww no, keep me away from the voice acting. My voice sounds horrible on audio stuff...atleast I think so...unless its a sexy buff young stud, then I can pull it off real well...Tongue. Anything else though I can help with...im sure we'll discuss it at some point
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 04:31:27 PM »

Alright. I may just send the script along once I get a draft written. I'm starting with storyboards, thouhg. I might post a few at some point if I feel like scanning. Heh.

I'm still unsure about voices. I need to figure it all out.

Here are the main characters, maybe give a few a shot:

--A policeman/sheriff: 20s? 30s?, protagonist.
--Another, his friend: smaller role, hopefully a slightly different voice, just for fun. same age, I'd say.
--Chief of police / head sheriff: wears glasses, plump, kinda lazy, not exactly mean, maybe stern. not the bad guy, but not exactly friendly. maybe a bit older. 40? 50? even 60, maybe.
--Store employee: surely the smallest part. whatever on voice, as long as it fits with the setting (not sure what that will be yet). maybe a woman.
--Magician: This guy is full of himself. He's got one of those curly mustaches. He needs be be confident, even overly so. Very charismatic, kinda mysterious, even a bit menacing. He may also need a less sure-of-himself, almost scared, whiny voice for certain parts. This'll make sense with the script.
--Magician's Assistant: the beautiful assistant who says "and now I present the great..." then just stands there. Powerful, sexy/cute voice, and maybe, as above a kinda scared, whiny voice.
--Extras: There will be some mob-esque scenes (specifically banging on a chain link fence), so maybe some screaming or whatever. Also, at the magic show, there will be a theater full of people, so some "oooohs" and just random chatting would fit well. I'm not too concerned about this yet. Also, maybe some people yelling insults at the town criminal. "serves you right!!"... I'll figure out if this will be needed later.
--(maybe) Parrot: just for fun. not sure if its too stupid to include.

So... do your own interpretation of the characters. I'd like to use a voice that works for you. the characters can even be modelled for you.
I have a couple sketches (as part of the storyboards) for a general (vague!!) idea of what they might look like...
I'll try to post that soon.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 04:33:37 PM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

rogue_09

Administrator?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 04:32:21 PM »

It's hard to commit to anything without details.  We'll see.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 04:34:10 PM »

Sure.

Please use the character descriptions above for an idea.

I'll try to get a plot written up soon Smiley
Blank avatar

rogue_09

Administrator?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 04:35:34 PM »

Descriptions are nice, but it seems counter productive to ask for auditions before you have actual lines with which people can audition.
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 04:36:15 PM »

Like I said, anything minus voice acting. Though...if worst comes to worst and you cant find that last peice, I'll help with voice acting, I have a friend that may be interested...I can call him up if you want? I wanna see the script now, seems interesting Cheesy
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 05:31:40 PM »

I just called up my friend, and he said he's down for anything. So tell me what you want and I can pass it on to him...he has no internet at his house right now, but thats not a problem....he uses mine all of the time. He can play anything excluding the girls...he can play the parot to Cheesy
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 09:22:39 PM »

Ha, fun.

Sounds awesome, guys.

I dunno when I'll have time to deal with writing a script.

I'm really having a hard time with time management.

The weekends are nice, but barely long enough to recover from the week.
The weeks are getting up way too early for school, taking a break to be able to stay sane, doing homework, staying up too late to not go insane, causing myself to be so tired that I am insane. Yay.

Meh. I want to write it right now.

But I have hw that needs doing.

Maybe I'll run and do that then write it up Cheesy

And.. speaking of a script, I'd love some help with it. I've got the plot down, so I can easily write up a draft, but I don't know how good my actual lines will be.
I know yodaman is interested. Anyone else?
...We'll see. It's just that an essay and physics don't sound appealing.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 09:24:12 PM by djr33 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: