theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Years DVDs  (Read 6288 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: January 08, 2006, 01:27:41 AM »

I spent the last couple weeks of '05 working on these discs. I sent them out to most of the people that have helped with my projects and some other friends as well.

If you didn't get one and could like one, then let me know... we can probably work something out.
I REALLY WANT TO SHARE THESE, SO PLEASE ASK!
I just don't want to promise because they are kinda expensive... a couple bucks each can add up fast.

Note: These are totally free!! my new year's gifts to you.

PROBLEM: Something went wrong at some point in the burning process, and from what I have figured out (its kinda hard to get what's really going on), something went wrong with the second half of the discs. So... some, maybe even all, of you will get defective discs. Really sorry about that. I plan to replace them, time and money permitting.
First, though, I need to figure out what's wrong.
So... if your disc WORKS, let me know and let me know how... computer? dvd player? etc.
If it doesn't, then let me know why. When did it stop? Did it load then skip? What  player? Etc.

This'll really help me figure it out.

Right now I think its my burner, but I really can't tell... the discs that I have tested in full have worked fine here. But the ones people have recieved already have had problems. I didn't test them all, but I figured the couple I checked would mean that at least most of them were ok.

Its kinda weird.

CONTENTS:

2004:
--Mirrored Image (Movie & FX Behind the Scenes clip)
--Be Right Back (Movie)
--Eyes of the Force (Movie, teaser, animatic & FX Behind the Scenes clip)

Spring 2005:
--All Ten (Movie)
--Not Milk (Movie: 6 choices of soundtrack, and soundFX only option)
--Surfing, Bored (Movie)

Fall 2005:
--Hit Me (Movie & Outtakes)
--Cuando Me Miras AsÌ (Music Video)
--Proximity (Movie)
--Anything (Trailer, Extended Scene, Deleted Shots, Blooper Reel & Stunt Reel) [NOTE: There is no "Anything" film. It is a standalone trailer.)

Other Work:
--the Portfolio (Project [it isn't a film/trailer/etc., so I'm calling it 'project'], Two versions of Alternate Soundtrack, soundFX only option & teaser)
CLAYMATION: -Ant Jedi short; -Twi'Lek Jedi short; -Max Rebo clip; -Turtle clip
FX TESTS: -Matrix bullet time test; -Jedi Starfighter fleet test; -Light Clone test; -Basketball clone test
LOGOS: -Creative Imagination logo; -Creasaurus logo; -Atonement logo; -theBRB.com logo
MISCELLANEOUS: -Fish animation; -Human Powered Vehicle clip; -Rescued Baby Birds clip; -Underwater camera test

INCOMPLETE:
Coming Soon:
--Aliens (Rough cut, Credits slide)
--Car FX test (Rough test)
Indefinitely Postponded:
--Jedi Oath (Trailer & Special Edition, Teasers 1&2, Animatic, 'from animatic to live action' featurette & Storyboards slideshow)
--Journey to Knighthood (Rough Cut of one scene, animatic, FX Tests reel, Image Gallery slideshow with original music & Credits slides)

NOTE: Though it isn't all at the moment, I plan to put everything on the DVD on the internet as well, though it won't be at the same quality level, obviously.

I figure I might as well include a list of who I sent them to so that you know if you were supposed to get one and didn't and can request one if you're not on the list. BTW, I included people who I either had addresses for or spoke to about it. Nothing personal if I didn't send you one. Let me know if you're interested (as I said above.)
In no particular order: ("NR" means not registered here.)
anjofilm, mrdodobird, darth_brad, cramerBH, justinz, yodaman, obijuan2080, FCRabbath, JohnMoore, durbnpoisn, Brent Smith (NR), rogue09, David Jones (NR), mackan (andersson), no1jedi, douglas branson (exit4music here), ellbobin, M. Joel (*Please share with Jedimastermonkey), Michael Dommes (NR), peter busboom (NR), Mike Florio (NR), JCAZmusic (or studio_padank), starwalker, and friends/family

So... who got them? Do they work (see above)?

Thanks for watching, encouraging, and especially for your work on the projects. You guys are awesome!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:52:20 AM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:02:54 PM »

Anyone who sends a DVD this well produced FOR FREE can be nothing but ungodly awsome. This was the biggest surprise so far of the new year. Everyone give a cheer for Daniel!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 04:55:27 PM »

Thanks!

...now... if they worked.... Tongue
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 10:09:44 PM »

Ian just sent me a PM saying he got it and liked it, implying that it did play.

You (yodaman) have had the problems I've seen already.

Weirdness.

Help me figure it out, guys! Smiley
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 11:44:01 PM »

More problems. 3 more discs don't play. More have arrived, not sure about those.

I took my computer to the mac store and they say I need a new burner.

My parents said they'd get one for me for
y birthday.

So.... yep.
Blank avatar

JustinZ

Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 10:53:26 AM »

I got mine the other day but haven't had a change to play it yet.

Justin

They thought it was love, but it was only the caffeine.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 11:21:24 AM »

I got mine!  It was almost as good as Christmas, getting something all official in the mail from 'Creative Imaginations'.  I was wondering what I bought for a minute...

Then I realized where I'd heard the name 'Creative Imaginations' before.

Thanks a bunch, and I'll watch it shortly.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 12:12:07 PM »

Enjoy guys.

Read tech stuff above if it doesn't play... I can replace if needed.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 05:54:50 PM »

Seems like my DVD player just happens to be able to get around the problems with this. I tested this more at my grandparents' house and my portable player. Didn't work fully on either from a disc that worked fully on my home player.
So.... gotta redo them once I get a new burner. End of story...
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 08:46:28 PM »

Haha! Yeah! I got this! It made my day! TOtally! Cheesy
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 11:37:10 PM »

I didnt get mine yet Sad
Blank avatar

rogue_09

Administrator?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 11:47:17 PM »

Well, I got mine, and it was working okay for a little while.  Then it crapped out on me.

It's probably a result of the million little scratches all over the disc.  Would that have been the burner?
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 12:05:35 AM »

Million scratches? The burner wasn't scratching them. Maybe it was accidentally placed on something bad. I dunno.
Anyway.... yeah.

try cleaning it, maybe... i dunno.

It may not work great anyway, though Tongue

starwalker, it has been sent, btw. just a matter of time, I guess...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 12:06:30 AM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

starwalker

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 12:14:42 AM »

How long ago did you send it?
Blank avatar

TechKrill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 02:50:19 PM »

I never sent in my address Sad so I never got one.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: