theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Four skits, promoting a book  (Read 4145 times)
Blank avatar

mackan

« on: January 06, 2006, 08:02:40 AM »

The project is already advertised in another thread ("Semi paid gig" by Djr).

This thread so that any takers could keep in contact with eachother.

Quick recap:
4 short skits are to be recorded. Before the middle of March.
One with two actors (One Indiana Jones-type character, and one girlfriend)
One with one actor + voice of God (Pastor, set in a church)
One with four actors (Pastor, Father, Son (Male), Holy Ghost (FEMALE) church setting)
One with just a voice actor, church setting.

Scripts are ready upon request for potential takers.

Expenses paid (props, etc) up until total cost of 500 USD. After that, anything has to be negotiated. If we come don't break budget, excess money could be used as payment for actors (or production units (IE yourself)).

Production co-ordinator (the one to ask, if you wanna join in) is Djr33.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 12:22:44 AM »

Scripts... posting with mackan's permission.

We're really looking for some help on this.

Any interest, just ask.

Note: I should mention that this script is just a rough draft and can be modified by the filmmaker (ask first, though Smiley )
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 12:40:12 AM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 09:43:14 AM »

Hmm.

I'm going to be extremely, extremely busy for the next zillion years, (two months) but maybe after that I'll have some openings.

Of course, I'm not sure what kind of time frame you'd want these done in...

EDIT:  Reading educates.  Before the middle of March, huh?  That would be very, very hard for me.  There's one possiblity in there, but it's extremely slim.  I'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 09:44:24 AM by JohnMoore » Logged

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

Alright.

Well... the  thing to remember is that the actual filming of these is totally easy.
the problem is getting it organized... location, people, etc., but it seems like that wouldn't be too hard for you.
Blank avatar

JohnMoore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 12:28:49 PM »

Yeah, the organizing is, like you said, the hard part.  And the churchiest church that would get involved with me in this is a two hour drive from here.  The church we go to now, is in an old bank building.

Heh, ya gotta love Texas religion.  They have it nailed down here.

I'll be at a 'real' church for the wedding I'm filming in a few days, but I probably won't have the time to get the people organized for this.  I might though.  I might.

We'll just see how the cards fall.

While I'm not religious myself, I don't mind the fact that people who are religious think it means they should behave like they have brains. - Daniel Ross [DJR33].

ìI love everyone!î Chase screamed at the top of his lungs. It may not have been profound, but at least it was positive!" -  An excerpt from 'The Story' by Ian Hubert. [MrDodoBird]

"Obviously though, the prerequisite to losing one's social life is actually having one in the first place." - Nick. [Rogue09]
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 08:09:40 PM »

Anjofilm has decided he will be able to do the skits. Keep checking in, though, John (and Nick) in case something goes wrong. Not that it will, hopefully Cheesy
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 05:50:44 PM »

Here are a couple tests for the shot of the book itself, supposed to look kinda cheesy (though a real version would be a heck of a lot better)
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 05:51:06 PM »

(second is attached below)
Blank avatar

mackan

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 06:18:21 AM »

Today, the publisher finally decided on a release date. The book is released March 22, meaning that the first skit has to be released four weeks before that - one month from now - around Febuary 25.

Does this seem realistic to you guys?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: