theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars Tales Production Diary  (Read 11212 times)
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2005, 06:08:39 AM »

December 30th, 2005 9:04 AM

Welcome to the Star Wars Tales production diary. This is an exclusive to the BRB, so you should be honored. As you may have guessed this is a diary of my production. As important events happen in the making of this film I will post them in here, give reports, sneak peaks, ect. If you truly want to follow my journey in the making of this film, this is the one place to go. Production pictures, movie stills, you name it you'll find it here. This is the jewel of the board. Have fun.  Cheesy  

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 09:11:57 AM »

December 30th, 2005 12:09 PM

I took some pictures I needed for the upcoming new Yodaman Studios header. Not much. Only three pics, all with Yoda. Working on the actual header right now while talking to a possible canidate for a voice actor. Here's a preview of what to expect (the first pic was taken in September)

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 03:43:43 PM »

December 31st, 2005 6:41 PM

Finally! The layout for the website is done. I'm going to give you guys a preivew of it here. The entire thing was made by my sister (except the logo, which was made by Rhys of TFN). Good luck you guys and have a happy new year (hopefully it'll be the year of Star Wars Tales)!

Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 06:25:44 AM »

January 1st, 2006 9:25 AM

Like my new avatar? I made it so it can be the button to advertise my upcoming site but I liked it so much I just made it my av.

Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 06:51:36 PM »

Sorry if I havn't posted anything of late. Most of the stuff I'm doing now is for the website, and it will all be unveiled once I put the site on the web. You should be seeing some production reports from me soon, hopefully next weekend (maybe).

Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 01:22:45 PM »

FIRST DAY OF FILMING

Finally, something noteworthy to put in here. This is a very special day as it is the first day of true filming for this film. It was a very good day, as I got **POTENTIAL SPOILERS** The very beginning up to Yoda activating his saber and the whole Qui-Gon/Yoda interaction**END POTENTIAL SPOILERS. I got a lot done, even though I still have a hefty amount of FX to do. No real problems with the filming, except Yoda's hilt kept falling off. Oh well. That's film.

For the set my dad helped me with this (I know it's not hard, but I always like a little help). First we got the empty box from my new scanner and put a flat, thing board of wood on top of it.

Then, due to his desire of wanting the board somewhat clean, we put some cut up plastic bags over the top (the boards were for the tripod).

Then we got some potting soil from a dead plant and started packing it on. The roots looked really nice for the diorama. We got some moss and mushrooms for an added touch and walla. You have the complete set.

Here's a couple of exclusive, completed shots for your added pleasure.

You can expect to hear a report of the next filming date next Sunday. See you until then.

Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 02:32:32 PM »

Today was the second day of filming. It's kind of funny, since I was filming swamp scenes and it was snowing outside. Anyway, it went pretty well. Just a couple of glitches, but that's film. I filmed the first video diary today, which will be revealed once the site's open. I hope I didn't suck too bad  Sad

I didn't get the rest of In the Beginning like I thought I would, but I got a huge chunk done. I got **POTENTIAL SPOILERS** The Lizard's head rolling (minus FX), and the duel from Palpy's 'So Be It' Up until his '...you will learn to call ME master.**END POTENTIAL SPOILERS. So all and all it went pretty well. Since tommorow's a free day for me I'll probably film the rest of the fight. Still have a crapload of FX to do (mostly lightsabers). I have a lot of FX from the first shoot done, except for a few Qui-Gon spirit frames.

Well, I guess I'll see you guys tommorow. As always here's a couple of sneak-peaks (minus FX of course).

Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 02:38:33 PM »

hmm.... bit dark, bit unfocused. But, really, kinda cool Smiley
Blank avatar

Mrdodobird

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 04:18:45 PM »

Good job on the set! Cheesy
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 03:11:36 PM »

Thanks guys  Cheesy

Today was the third and final day of filming for In the Beginning (except for one little FX thing I have to do which I'll tell you about next time). Today was just like yesterday. Little problems, nothing major (except my sister was demanding for the camera as the I was finishing but that's a different story). I trashed the set, though. There's nothing much left of it  Tongue The whole thing's done now. I just have to do a crapload of FX (mostly lightsabers). Speaking of sabers, I made the next production diary chornicling the making of the sabers. You'll get to see it soon.

Well, here's a couple pics and see you next time.

Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 11:47:21 AM »

Over the past couple of days I have been taking reference shots for the Daniel-requested comic covers for the artists I will soon be hiring. These aren't exactly what they'll look like but it's an idea.

Today, like I will say in the third video diary, I filmed some FX shots for the bloody part of the severed Lizard's head. For some reason it kept focusing on the figure and not on the head but I worked around it. As always here's a couple of shots.

Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »

Wait, are you using auto focus?
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 12:33:09 PM »

Yeah.... you should focus the shots better. Maybe zoom in rather than putting the camera too close to focus.

The first one is cool. What the heck is the second? Smiley

Also, remember to not give too much away in the poster frames. Hard to do with such short stories while keeping it interesting.

For "One bad day", just have Bail standing in front of the red guards.
For princess leia, you could just have her standing in the doorway (not that what you have is bad, but it shows it a bit more than you might want  to.)

But... decide how much you want to reveal first. If you want to show a lot, then go ahead and do so.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 01:38:03 PM »

I don't see how the Ellorrs-Leia-Wuher image reveals anything. My idea is to have Leia in the middle, rolling her eyes, as Ellorrs is smooth-talking her and Wuher is offering her a drink. The second is an FX shot.

For One Bad Day I was thinking about having Bail and Dodonna standing next to each other and having some X-Wings fly in the background. The Red Guard idea is okay but it's just not way too comic-y. If you look at a typical comic cover you'd see that they normally have a really grand shot that grabs your attention. The Red Guard thing would look like a still from the film.  

Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 01:49:14 PM »

You really do have focus issues, though, which is the main thing that has prevented me from wanting to watch your work.  It physically hurts me to try and watch, because I'm squinting the whole time--it reminds me of before I realized I needed glasses.

Is there a manual focus option on your camera?  Or, barring that, a macro option?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: