theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Semi-Paid Gig NEEDING FILMMAKERS  (Read 2461 times)
Blank avatar

djr33

« on: December 28, 2005, 03:19:11 AM »

EDIT: I'm moving this into the new Great Things section as that makes sense.

Mackan, who some of you may know, has spoken with me about creating 4 shorts to advertise his novel about "humor and the church".

He is hoping to have these four shorts created in time to release near the end of March.

I have more information available as does he.

He has written up scripts for each short, and it seems they will be about one minute each.

These will be quite easy to film once you have actors and locations figured out.

The acting will be easy as well.

As for payment, Mackan will be paying out of his own pocket. He has promised to cover expenses incurred while filming as well as possibly paying for filming services. He's given a max budget of $500 and hopes to stay well under that.
I've  worked with him before and can vouch for him-- he will pay fairly, so I hope you will be fair with him as well.

As for specifics, 3 of the shorts call for a Church setting, and may be being handled by John Moore, but I am not sure about his availability for sure.

The other short calls for an Indiana Jones setup complete with guy and girl and lost artifact, as well as "temple" setting (or the like). I spoke with Nick (Rogue09) about filming this and he was very interested, but was quite unsure about timing-- he thinks he'll be busy for the entire winter break and shall be unable to film until after the shorts would need to be completed.

Obvoiusly, if they are free, then it simply makes sense that they will film the shorts.

Anyway, I am more than happy to edit as long as I am supplied with the footage for each short.

It seems like a bad plan for me to film the shorts as I don't have an Indy setup nor a Church readily available.

Please ask if you have questions.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 08:56:52 PM by djr33 » Logged
Blank avatar

mackan

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 07:27:24 AM »

Mackan, who some of you may know, has spoken with me about creating 4 shorts to advertise his novel about "humor and the church".
Actually, technically it's not a novel, but a theology book about a God that laughs, and why His church is so boring.

A comedians creed of faith, if you will.

EDIT: Oh - and the deadline. The book is released in the middle of April. Shorts have to be finished a month before that. Editing and all. So 15th of March, or some such. (They are then released, one every week until the book is released.)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 07:30:33 AM by mackan » Logged
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 05:17:48 PM »

Yeah... forgot to mention a couple things.

Also, I'd like to make it clear that I'm asking if anyone is interested in working on the project. I guess I just put up the info but forgot to mention that... heh Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: