theBRB Banner

Forum      Theater      Contests      Stockpile

Welcome Guest.

Login | Register

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Skies  (Read 2985 times)
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2005, 05:12:47 AM »

I know a lot of people here have seen Sin City and lily posted a thread about the Sin City effect, but this thread is about a different effect in that film. In the end of The Big Fat Kill (the part with Clive Owen), there's a scene where a bunch of whores who are mowing down the mafia on rooftops with uzis. The sky in that scene is a sort of blood red. Does anyone know how to make the sky like that in PSP8 (if you know me you know I don't have AE or any other effects progs)? I'm going to try to do the effect with space, but it should be pretty the same since that scene in Sin City takes place at night. I added a screenshot for reference. I know it's crap, but I don't have any screenshot progs and I couldn't find a better one on google.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 05:13:40 AM by Yodaman » Logged

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

http://www.swtales.tk' target='_blank'>Pain is temporary- Tales are Forever.
Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 07:28:25 AM »

You want just the sky, and to leave the other people out of it?  Sky replacement is..not fun without a motion tracking engine or a bluescreen.  

Just build your red sky and roto your actors into it.  Bam.
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 09:18:01 AM »

I was planning on doing that.

What I need help with is building the red sky.

I'm Yoda. I'm soldier. I mold ya, then fold ya, I thought I told ya. Don't be unwise, judge me not by my size. You won't believe your eyes. Watch the X-Wing rise.

Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 09:27:57 AM »

Just...draw it.  Take a picture of a sky and color balance it, and then fix the spots that look bad with soft brushes.  Use your creativity, son!
Blank avatar

Yodaman

Mystic Muppet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 09:38:36 AM »

So you're saying just use the color balance to get the color levels up to 100% (which is red)?

Blank avatar

Funk, E

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 11:54:49 AM »

No, I'm saying use whatever techniques you need to use to make it look natural.  You're the one that knows how to use the program, I just gave you a starting point that will work in most of them.
Blank avatar

djr33

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 07:18:19 PM »

try, fail. try, try again. try, succeed.

'tis the way of life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: